Sunday, February 20, 2011

No Log Cabin For Us


Yesterday, we went with the folks to visit the log cabin and to see it without snow on the ground. A neighbor came over and talked to Mama and Daddy. He gave them some additional news on the place that made them wonder if they wanted to live there. He's the second person who has warned them that the septic may have an issue. He also told them that there will be special assessments of $1,500 for the next 5 years for road repairs. They said they were glad to learn of the additional costs. Daddy said that the driveway for the motor home would have to be completely re-done and also the backyard was in pretty bad shape and it would take a lot of work to make it nice for us. They left wondering if they even wanted the house anymore. They decided that if the mean bank people came in at our price which was more than we ever wanted to pay for it, we would take it. However, if they wanted any more money, we would walk away. As we were leaving the log cabin, another couple pulled up with an agent. Mama almost told them about the septic, roof and assessments, but decided to let fate decide if we would get the log cabin. We found out today that we are not going to get it. The mean bank people not only did not meet our price, but they INCREASED their price by $2,500. They went backwards! We wonder if the young couple put in an offer. We just hope they put a contingency concerning inspections otherwise, they may be in for some unhappy surprises.

We have wasted a month trying to get that log cabin. The mean bank people who shall remain nameless took 3-5 days to respond to each and every offer. They caused Mama to have a migraine on Friday. Mama is worn out after dealing with them. It's back to the drawing board to find us a new house.
Post a Comment

Awww......Life At The Beach!

It looks great, doesn't it?  Unfortunately, this is my view: Yep, we are still at the RV park.  We were all prepared to mov...