Friday, November 8, 2013

Cows?

We enjoy hiking through the woods here.  We try to do it every day because with all the leaves falling, there are new smells and the landscape is starting to look different.  Yesterday, we had a big surprise when we came down the hill.  There were cows! 


Mama told us to move along and not stare at them too long. 

We enjoy playing at the dog park.  We really like it when there are other dogs there.  Mama doesn't let us "play" with the other dogs, but since there are two fenced areas, we go into the empty one and run along the fence with the other dogs.  It's fun, but I think making actual contact would be better. Mama is scared we will get hurt.  The other dogs do seem to be pretty mouthy.  There was this one little dog that tried to get to me through the fence.  Do you know what I did?  I peed on him through the fence!  BOL!   There was a guy there this week who didn't want his dogs to "play" with us.  He yelled at them and told them they were not there to play.  He scared Scout.  They didn't stay long and Scout and I were confused as to why their Dad was so mean.  We are glad he is not our Dad.

 The other day there we saw a lady and her husband watching us play.  She said "Oh look, they are best friends!"  Us, best friends?  I am not sure about that.  I guess I don't have any other friends, so does that mean that Scout is my best friend?   The lady asked Mama if we are obedient.  Obedient?  Mama had to laugh at that.  She had never thought about it.  Mama said "Well, they don't get into anything.  Does that make them obedient?  The biggest problem is walking them.  There are times when they want to go their own way and my arms are only so long.  One on one, they are great at walking, but together, they can be a challenge at times."  Yep, that sounds like us.  BOL!

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Wonders If Scout Is His Bestie

6 comments:

  1. Glad those cows are behind a fence, they are murderous!
    Aww, who else but Scout would you want for a best friend.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister as your best friend? Hmm. I think your mama needs to introduce you to more dogs, so you can get sure. Why wouldn't someone want their pups to play with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's weird to think of your sister as a best friend, but often they are. I think Scout is a good best friend. Cows, as long as they're on the other side of the fence, seem interesting. I'd leave the other dogs alone too. No use taking chances as they might be mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your mom about the dog park. Too many bad things could happen and you could get hurt. Running along the fence is good fun and at least you weren't alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that danger can show up just when you think all is well. I only trust dogs that have played with my greys a lot in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Scout and Joey, I wrote a different kind of blog post today--not about RVing and birding, but about Veterans Day. It was kind of hard for me to write. If you think it worthy, I hope you will share it with your Mama and Dad, and their friends and followers. Have a greyt day!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...