Monday, November 11, 2013

Santa Doesn't Wear A Hoodie, DAD!

We set out for our first walk of the morning this morning.  It was still dark as it was 5:30 a.m.  We started down the hill when we saw a man with a hoodie and a bag on his shoulder behind us.  He didn't look right to me, so I growled at him. That's right, I growled.  I really wanted to bark, but Mama told me not to do that because she didn't want me to wake up people.  My growl made the man stop.  Yep, I scared him good.  I growled again just to let him know not to mess with us.  I kept turning around to check on him.  Scout decided the best thing to do was to jump in a big pile of leaves. The only thing we could see was her head.  Mama laughed at her, but I couldn't laugh because I was still worried about that man.  Mama told me the man wasn't a bad man and that he was just on his way to do laundry.  I don't know about that, he looked suspicious to me.  Who does laundry at 5:30 a.m.?   When we got home, I told Dad all about it.  He told me that Santa carries a sack like that and what if it was Santa that I scared  Seriously Dad, Santa doesn't wear a hoodie!

Yesterday, the folks took us to Weston Bend State Park for a hike.  It was a nice day.  The hike was fun.  The hardest part was climbing up a big hill.

This is the lookout point.  It was probably prettier a few weeks ago.  Mama hates when the leaves are off the trees.

I am admiring the view.

Scout is ready to keep walking. She loves walking in the cooler weather.

Me and Dad

Trying to catch up to Mama and Scout.

We are tired after our walk.
The weather is going to turn cold tonight.  Brrr!  We are going to have to use our propane heater tonight and tomorrow.  Mama has been saving our propane until we really need it and tonight we will need as it will be in the teens.  We have a heat pump and space heaters that we use when it is not seriously cold.  Mama hates being cold and is counting the days until we are in Texas and warm again.  We just wish Dad could be with us.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Showed Mama That He Can Protect Her From Bad People Today

7 comments:

  1. Joey, I think you are very brave to want to protect your Mama. The state park pics are beautiful! I can't wait to be traveling again. Have your mama look at my Seeing Green blog post (link upper right on my blog of Emily's stories. She may get a good laugh at why I like the leaves down from the trees!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful woodland to go walking in. We hate being cold too.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get no bully sticks for Xmas, them we'll know that was Santa. Reminds me of David Sedaris' story where he says Santa doesn't eat Tapas. Waiting for the leaves to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's very important for all greyhounds to try out the different growls that might be needed in their security jobs (keeping us safe)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, sometimes all you need is a growl to make your point.

    Your hike looks so awesome! I bet it was great to get out and see and sniff new things! We got snow here yesterday! Brrr!


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, Joey. Protecting momma is important. At least Scout is getting some enjoyment out of the cooler weather. It's downright cold here. We had snow yesterday and today. Oh noooo, Mr. Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Y'all!

    I'm sure your Mom was right about the man, Joey. My Human is up at 4:30 am or 5 am if I let her sleep in a little. She starts the water running in the washing machine even before coffee and runs a load of wash while she fixes breakfast. While the oatmeal cooks she can vacuum or dust. At 7:00am I get me meal and I'm off for my second outing. So you see, some people actually do stuff like laundry early.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...