Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Scout Is A Senior!

Today is Scout's birthday!  She is eight which makes her a senior!   It is a big deal to Mama because big brother Jack never got to be a senior.  :-(

When Mama was looking for a sibling for Jack, she wanted a petite, fawn girl.  As you know by now, Scout is not petite nor a fawn.  Scout's foster Mom told Mama that all Scout wanted was someone to love her.  I think that is why the folks adopted her.  Isn't that what we all want though?

Scout has always been stubborn and basically gets her way because she is so stubborn.  The folks made a deal with her this year that on hot days, she only has to walk in the morning and at night.  She took that further and decided if the sun was out and she felt it was too warm for her, that she shouldn't have to walk.  She makes up for her lack of summer walking this time of year.  She loves to walk on cool days and even enjoys a really cold day.  Fall and winter are her seasons.

Do you know what she got for her birthday?  She got a senior card.  That's right, she now has a card to show that she has senior privileges.  I bet she uses that card all the time.



Joey,
The Greyhound Who Has A Sister Who Says Age Has Its' Privileges

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to seniorhood Scout - hey, nobody told us we can do everything we want - woo-hoo!
    Dip and Bridge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of Birthdays, Scout! I hope you celebrate many more birthdays. You sound a lot like Blueberry!



    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bday! You sound like a certain stubborn senior brindle I know. She gets her way too. Welcome to the Club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Y'all!

    Happy Belated Birthday to Scout!

    Love the news about the Senior's card! 'cause I'll turn 8 in March.

    Y'all come by now!
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Scout! Stubbornness is a good trait to have. It helps other people develop their patience and creative thinking skills. Put that card in a safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Scout! Whew sorry I am late. It has been crazy around here. Plus for some odd reason I am getting every one of your posts sent to me 10 times. Been trying to figure that out too!

    At any rate I just had to stop by and give you tons of birthday scritches! Seniors are just the most wonderful hounds! I love them. I remember about Jack. You know I have had quite a few boys that haven't made it to 'seniorhood', but I believe all my girls have. And I have had 10 greyguys and 9 grey girls over time. Sometimes I wonder if there might be something to that. :)

    Also - Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...