Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm Being A Nut In Abilene

Mama says I am being a nut here in Abilene.  I say this is MY VACATION and if I want to be a nut, I can be a nut!  How am I being a nut?  Well, when there are a lot of greyhounds around, it is hard to get noticed, so I bark and play bow at all the other dogs.  It makes me stand out, that is for sure.  It brought a few fellow campers to our site tonight to see who was doing the barking.  BOL!


Today, we stopped at a rest area on our way to Abilene and do you know who was there?  Michelle from Grey Hares On My Sofa.  She recognized Buddy and came over to us while we were walking.  Mama was really surprised to run into her there.

The actual greyhound event starts tomorrow.  We are going to be pretty busy, but it is really nice that we are camping at the event and we can come back and take a break in our camper whenever we feel like it.

I have been told basically that I am fat two times in the past two days.  Should we take a poll as to how many people will say that sort of thing to Mama this weekend?  I am not sure how much longer she can keep her mouth shut to people when they say such a rude thing.  Maybe I need a sign that says my vet says my weight is fine.  We saw a thin white greyhound tonight, so my theory that being white makes me look fat doesn't fly any longer.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Enjoying His Vacation So Far Even If People Say He Is Fat

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're quite a party animal!

    Generally, I think people who say that you look fat mean well. Too much weight on a Greyhound can be a REALLY bad thing and pet obesity is at an all time high. One of our fosters had a very sad ending to her life because her previous adopters let her get much too overweight. I wouldn't take it as something offensive, I would just think that people care enough to speak up, even if you feel they're misguided. Just the two cents of a little hound for what little it's worth.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey we loved meeting you and Scout today. You seem very excited to be here and want everyone to know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay mate. I look pretty chunky too but at 34kg I'm doing fine. Your mum wouldn't let you get fat now would she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When they say that, you ask them to repeat it, because you didn't hear them the first time! That will make them back off, or you could bark at them an lunge a bit to scare them!

    Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's official, I am a crazy greyhound lady! You are not "fat"!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...