Monday, January 3, 2011

It's My Birthday!!!!


Today is my birthday! I'm 7! Mama can't believe I'm that old already. She adopted me when I was just 2.5 years old. I don't feel any older and I still have tons of energy, so life is good.

Mama let me sleep in until 6:15 a.m. and then we took a walk. The weather is supposed to be nice today, sunny and a high around 45. We are going to go to McDonalds for lunch to celebrate my birthday. Yes, living in the city definitely has it's benefits.

Do you know what we noticed this morning? There is an office building near us that had a beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby. Well, the tree was there at 10 p.m. last night, but at 6:15 a.m. this morning, it is gone. :-O We really enjoyed looking at the tree each morning. It was really pretty on Christmas Eve with the snow falling and the tree being all lit up. We are just surprised that someone either came in really early and took it down or someone works the night shift and it is their job to dismantle the tree.

Jack
The Greyhound Who Is Celebrating His Birthday

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jack! Hope you enjoy your big day. Lots of gentle ear scritches to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jack!! Enjoy! Getting older isn't all bad. Chica just had a birthday/gotcha day too. Dec 30) She is now 2. These days sneak up on us. Have fun on your special day.
    Ernie,Chica,Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Barkday Jack! I hopes you is havin' a wunderful day!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of Birthdays, Jack! We all hope that being seven is even more fun than being six. It sounds like you are having a great start to your special day. I hope it just gets better and better!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jack! Just think..next year at this time you will have fond memories of living in the hotel and remembering that big, disappearing Xmas tree! May your next year be one of good health and yummy treats, not to mention one of getting to lick your Pizza man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Jack!

    I live in a small town so I am excited to hear more stories about the disappearing things, Christmas Trees, Cars, what have you. Live in the City is rough sometimes!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Handsome Jack!!!
    Here's to many many more. Enjoy your meal at the golden arches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Jack! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...