Monday, September 12, 2011

A Cast Is A Pain

Hi All,

Not much is really new here. I don't get to do much with this cast on my leg. It's a pain going outside. I have to put an IV bag on my cast so that I don't get it wet and when it rains like it did this weekend, Mama triple bags me with plastic bags. I also have to use a sling so that I don't fall. Mama doesn't like the sling because I like to walk under low branches and now she has to walk under them with me. I've seen several leaves in her hair this weekend. LOL

Mama said I learned to be a whiner at the vet's office. I used to not whine, but if Mama leaves the room, I whine. When she puts me in my wired crate, I whine. So, the last two nights I have slept in my soft-sided crate in the living room with Mama on the couch. Yep, I have her wrapped around my paw. I heard her say that she's not going to do that every night, but we will see.

Saturday, I got upset when Daddy went outside to work. Yesterday, Mama came up with a solution. She put my crate next to the door and I was able to watch Daddy paint the porch.

I watch Daddy outside and Mama inside. It was pretty cool!

Later in the afternoon, I was able to lay on my bed and watch Daddy. Mama sat next to me and I had my leash on, so I wasn't able to make a run from the room.

I watched my first Rams' game. It was not good. I think I should have put my Rams' collar on for luck. I will do that next week.

It's back to hanging out in the office today. Mama and I are counting the days to when I can do more than lay in bed.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Is On The Mend

4 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all!

    Joey, tell us who-all signed your cast! Is that the nursing staff from your vet? So cool!

    I know it's a pain to be limited in what you can do, but I don't know anybody with a signed cast, human or pawed!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. that sucks that he did end up in a cast. How long does he have to wear it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps he is whining because he is bored. Let's hope. Those IV bags are wonderful cast/splint covers though. I still have ours hanging by the back door. My little insurance policy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueberry whines like crazy, too! It drives Mom and Dad both up the wall, which I admit amuses me. I hope you're out of that cast in no time, but it's important to follow the doctor's orders on this one.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...