Monday, September 12, 2011

A Cast Is A Pain

Hi All,

Not much is really new here. I don't get to do much with this cast on my leg. It's a pain going outside. I have to put an IV bag on my cast so that I don't get it wet and when it rains like it did this weekend, Mama triple bags me with plastic bags. I also have to use a sling so that I don't fall. Mama doesn't like the sling because I like to walk under low branches and now she has to walk under them with me. I've seen several leaves in her hair this weekend. LOL

Mama said I learned to be a whiner at the vet's office. I used to not whine, but if Mama leaves the room, I whine. When she puts me in my wired crate, I whine. So, the last two nights I have slept in my soft-sided crate in the living room with Mama on the couch. Yep, I have her wrapped around my paw. I heard her say that she's not going to do that every night, but we will see.

Saturday, I got upset when Daddy went outside to work. Yesterday, Mama came up with a solution. She put my crate next to the door and I was able to watch Daddy paint the porch.

I watch Daddy outside and Mama inside. It was pretty cool!

Later in the afternoon, I was able to lay on my bed and watch Daddy. Mama sat next to me and I had my leash on, so I wasn't able to make a run from the room.

I watched my first Rams' game. It was not good. I think I should have put my Rams' collar on for luck. I will do that next week.

It's back to hanging out in the office today. Mama and I are counting the days to when I can do more than lay in bed.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Is On The Mend

We Are No Longer RVers

Our motorhome has new owners. They took ownership of it today.  They are probably reading through all the manuals and trying out all the...