Friday, September 23, 2011

It's A Small World

When Mama adopted Jack, she met his half-brother, Woody. Later, through e-mails and this blog, she was introduced to Jack's half-sister, Wanda. Mama met Scout's sister and brother through Greytalk and Scout even got to see her sister again at a greyhound event in Kansas. Her sister lives on the East Coast, but they made the trip to Kansas. Well, imagine my surprise when we discovered this week that my half-sister is none other than Miss Bunny. Bunny and her Mama are the authors of the blog Tales and Tails and they have commented on our blog many times and we have done their same on theirs. We had no idea that Bunny and I were siblings. We do not look alike. I look like our father.

Be My Bubba (Our Daddy)

Me -UCME Bubbasparks aka Joey

Bunny is a blue fawn and definitely takes after her mother's side of the family.

Mama was looking at Bunny's Dogster's account the other day and that's when she figured out we were siblings. We were both born in November, but Bunny was born the year before me. Our Daddy produced 640 offspring, but Mama thinks it's a small world because Bunny was our friend before we ever knew we were related.

Joey
The Greyhound Whose Half-Sister Is Just A State Away

7 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I know Wanda and I were so happy to get to "know" her half-brother. Jack had his hand, um, paw in your finding your mamma and daddy and big sister, I am sure of it. Also, I have been so busy lately I couldn't post - but I am so happy you are healing, Joey, and will be camping soon and that you and Scout are getting to be buddies. Take care - celebrate finding family - Mary H. (Wanda's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. That's craziness. But very cool! Who would have thought you'd meet a relative online like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your leg is healing up and you don't have any pressure sores. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a small world, and it's so cool! Imagine how excited I was to find out that I am related to the famous Joey! Even before you came to your house, I was friends with Scout and Jack. I don't get to talk to any of my littermates much, altough most of them were adopted through my adoption group. Mom and Dad even met my mama before they met me, but didn't realize it before they were on the way home after they'd picked me. Mom says that I do look a lot like her, but I'm lighter colored. She was adopted the same weekend I was, though!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to find unexpected family members. (well, usually!)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...