Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm Home!

Hi everyone!

I'm home!!!! I've had quite the adventure and I'm so glad I'm back home again. The people were nice there, but there is no place like home. I was really surprised yesterday when they told me I had a visitor. It was Mama! She said she really missed me, but I had to stay a few more days. The doctor came in and Mama asked him when I could go home and he said TODAY! Then Daddy came in and Mama told him I could go home today and he was shocked. The doctor said they would get my things and they brought in my blanket and my toy and my medication.

(Here I am so excited to hear that I'm going home!)

I have to put a bag over my cast when I go outside. If I get my cast wet, we are in big trouble. I also have to use a sling. The sling is just to help me if I start to fall.

I'm not thrilled about having to stay in a crate. However, the vet said that if I'm really quiet, I can lay outside the crate. I have to have supervision though. I normally don't like being in the office with Mama, but it means no crate, so I've been in here all day. I have two beds and a blanket to choose from. Scout has been in a few times to visit us.

(Look at what they did to me! They shaved me. They must like squares.)

Mama thought this photo was funny. I was sleeping and not trying to block a flash or anything.

The doctor put a plate in my foot with eight screws. He said I need to have it taken out in 6-8 months. He said if I don't, it will irritate my skin and the bone could eventually grow over the plate. Mama said we are not going to worry about all of that right now. He said it's not a big deal to have it taken out. I hope not. I don't want to go through all of this again.

I'm home in time to watch the Rams play on Sunday. I've never watched a football game before, but it sounds fun. I'm going to wear Jack's Ram's collar. Mama said she thinks Jack would be happy to see it passed on to me.

Joey
The Greyhound Whose Leg Is Pretty Heavy These Days

6 comments:

  1. Aww....I think Jack would be happy to have you wear his collar too. So glad everything went ok for you! You be good with that cast so you can be out of it as soon as possible and never have to go through this again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey, I'm so excited to see you back at home! There definitely is no place like it. Blueberry used old IV bags over her splint last winter when she broke her toe. Our vet's office gave us a few used ones, and we just cut the end off. It was very handy!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey, we are so glad you are back home. We know everyone missed you. We hope you do everything the doctor tells you to so you will heal very fast.

    Purrs,

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey- you greyhounds know how to stretch out to fill a space even with a cast. You look pretty content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great Joey! That is a big cast. I wonder if you will build up big thigh muscles from carrying it? Have fun watching the game.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...