Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Cast

Here's a close up of my cast. The staff at the hospital wrote on it. Jenna and Katie put their names with hearts. Dr. Bone also signed it, but I don't know who that is. I'm not sure why they used my formal name, Joseph. I've only been called that once by Daddy. Mama said it looks cute. Greyhound Companions of Missouri has their reunion at the end of this month and I bet I get more people to sign my cast there. I haven't had any visitors since I've been home since I'm supposed to be quiet, but I bet Grandma & Grandpa will sign it when I see them. Mama said it would be neat if I get to keep my cast especially after I get if filled up with signatures.

Next Monday night, I go back to the vet and he will take the cast off and look at my leg and then it will get put back on. I'm not sure how long I have to wear it. I was told I wouldn't be able to play for 4-6 weeks. Tomorrow, it will be two weeks since my surgery.

The mail person should have our package from Best Bully Sticks today. Scout and I are excited about that. Tomorrow, Mama said she thinks some "educational toys" should be here. I'm not sure what they are, but they are supposed to keep me busy.

I'm being a really good boy!

Joey
The Greyhound Who Is Happy To Be Home

8 comments:

  1. Joseph - I like that name - I bet you are being a very good boy because it is so good to be home. Your cast does look heavy and I hope you heal quickly and surprise everyone and be able to get it off sooner than expected. Can't wait to see what the educational toys are - your came to the very best home ever - Hi to your sister, Scout - Wanda and her mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet you get lots of "pawtographs" on your cast! Have fun with your new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Joseph is cute too. I can't believe it's already been two weeks. It's a good thing they are going to change your cast because I bet it will fill up with signatures fast. I can't wait to see what toys you get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only call Obie by the full "Oberon" when he's in trouble, kind of like how my mom used to use my full first, middle AND last name...I new I was in trouble when I heard that..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cast looks all shades of cool! Those educational toys are lots of fun. I hope you have fun with them!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Joey. It's great that you are being such a good, brave boy and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the toys. They'll get the old brain cells going.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why he opted for a cast instead of a splint. Fingers crossed for no pressure sores. Riley has done well in that department at least. I hope Joey heals better than she has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are being good. It will mean you can really play soon.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...