Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crate Fever

Hi Everyone,

It's me, Joey. It's been four weeks since my surgery and now Mama says I have Crate Fever. It's like Cabin Fever, but it's Crate Fever because I'm stuck living in a crate. I'M BORED PEOPLE!


Mama has been moving my crate around the house to give me a different view. I like sitting in front of the front door, but even that gets boring when Mama is in her office. I don't like being in the office with Mama anymore. I don't have to be in my crate in her office, but I have to stay quiet and I don't want to do that. Yesterday, after I got bored in front of the door, Mama put me in the hallway so that I could see her in the office. I liked that. I slept there for three hours!

Scout thinks it's fun to lay in my crate. She better be careful or she will get Crate Fever too.


Joey,
The Greyhound Who Wants To Run

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joey,

    I understand bored and crate fever.

    I like it when I can be in the middle of everything. Even now that I have lots of freedom I like to lay on the bed or rug that gives me the best view of the most activity.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Joey - just try and think about how much time has past since your surgery and what you have accomplished in getting better - maybe only a couple more weeks and then you can not be in the crate - wish there was something we all could do to make it less boring - maybe reading our messages will help - your mama certainly thinks of everything she can to make the day go better. Wanda gets bored in her crate too - she has to be in there all day when we are at work because she is a "stealer" and Heaven only knows what we would find stolen, chewed or eaten if she was left to roam. Some days she is not so willing to go in her crate and will run back to her bed in the living room or try to jump on Stephanie's bed - but she eventually relents and gets in her crate - I give her a lick of peanut butter when she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound super boring. A good chance to do some cute clicker tricks though. We used mind game puzzle food dispensers to keep a crate-ridden dog occupied, which seemed to help a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't like it, either. Has your mama thought about getting you some of those puzzle toys. It would be something to keep you occupied and keep your mind sharp while you're convalescing. At least you're halfway through! I hope you get out of your cast in time to enjoy some nice romps in the fall weather!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Joey, it will be over soon! Just think of all the fun you'll get to have when your all healed up and your foot doesn't hurt anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be a nice crate if Scout is jealous of it.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...