Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Noises Are Scarier In The Dark

Don't you think that things seem scarier when it is dark?  Well, I do.  It is dark at 5:30 a.m.  We took our morning walk and the wind was howling.  We walked down to Marie's place and their wind chimes were really making noise.  There is a tarp in the fenced area that we can't see, but we can hear it.  It was so loud this morning.  I sat down.  Yep, I sat down.  Mama asked if I was okay.  I stood up and she checked my feet.  We then started walking.  We always walk across a bridge to get to the other part of the campground.  I didn't want to go because they have wind chimes there.  Mama told me it would be okay, so we started across the bridge.  I just sat down.  Mama was concerned that I was hurt, so she said we could go home.  I was happy to be headed back to the safety of our home even if I didn't finish all of my business.  We went out after the sun came out and I was fine.  Mama finally figured out that when I sit down, I am scared and want to go home.  Thank goodness Mama is a fast learner.



Yesterday we had some excitement.  They are doing road construction just down the street from us.  It was really loud.  Then we heard what sounded like gushing water or a waterfall.  It was so loud.  A few minutes later, a Jimmy John's delivery driver stopped at our site. He told Mama that they hit a gas line.  He said the fire department was there.  Mama walked to the entrance and asked the workers if we were going to be evacuated and they said no.  We waited about 15 minutes and Mama decided it might be best for us to get away from the noise. We walked to the far end of the campground and spoke to a few people.  No one was really concerned, so we came home and sat inside. We could still hear the "waterfall" inside.   The road was closed where the break occurred, so a lot of people turned around in our parking lot.  Finally, two and half hours after the noise started, it ended.  It took another half hour for the police to leave.  Do you know what though?  Those workers worked late into the night and they made a ton of noise.  We went to bed at 10 p.m. and they were still making a lot of racket.  This is a residential area, so I'm sure there were a lot of people upset with them.

I bet you think the following pictures are of Scout trying to get off the couch.  Nope, she is waiting for Mama to say the magic word which is "ready".  It means our breakfast is "ready".  Mama tricked her and said "set, go".  Scout heard the word "go" and she got up.


Scout looking annoyed that the magic word hasn't been said.
We have been in a rut with getting treats lately.  This morning, we watched a few golf carts pass us and then one finally stopped.  He gave us treats!  Scout and I were so excited that we gave each other shoulder bumps on the way home.  It is like a high five for greyhounds.  Mama laughed at us.  BOL!

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Thinks The Wind Makes Scary Noises

5 comments:

  1. You should use your sighthound superpowers to see into the dark. Glad your mom quickly figured out Joey-speak. Poor Scout, no greyhound likes it when we tease about food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teasing about food is not funny! I just wanted to say that for Scout's benefit.

    I wouldn't have been upset that they were making noise to stop a gas leak! Sure, it's noisy, but the alternatives aren't that good, either...

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leak was fixed at 4 p.m. The noise was at 10 p.m.

      Delete
  3. We don't like scary noises in the dark either, we always bark to make them go away. Glad they fixed the gas and nobody had to be evacuated. LOL Scout sitting on the couch like a human :)
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You guys are having a lot of excitement! I don't like to be out in the dark either, Joey. Being able to identify sounds is important.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...