Monday, June 8, 2009

We are tired!

We are home! We arrived home around 4 p.m. yesterday. It was an 8 hour trip, but it wasn't as bad as Mama expected it to be. We stopped three times, so that made it nice.

This is what we have done most of today. We did stay in the office with Mama. We didn't want her to get lonely.



We had storms this morning, so Mama tried something that she learned at the greyhound event. A vet spoke to the group and gave all sorts of tips. His assistant has a dog that is scared of storms like me and she puts a t-shirt on him during storms. She makes it tight around the stomach and then ties it with a rubber band. Guess what? I didn't get scared during the storm this morning! We have more storms coming tonight, so Mama said she will try it again and hopefully it continues to work for me.


Scout gave me a strange look, but I don't care. If it keeps me from getting so scared, it is worth it.

Jack,
The greyhound who is trying to conquer his storm fears

3 comments:

  1. Jack, you are so funny! You need a fancy t-shirt for stormy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell my husband to tie the T-shirt around ME when I get scared with storms...
    I will let you know how it works..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am scared of storms too, and others have told me about this. I am going to try it next time. I'm glad it kept you safe!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...