Monday, August 22, 2011

Busy, Busy


Joey here reporting on the latest happenings.

Saturday, Mama and Scout went to a meet and greet as you know. I stayed home with Daddy. We just napped and watched TV. Yesterday, Daddy said let's go to DQ. I didn't know what DQ was, but I like doing new things. I was excited because the car went in a direction that I have never gone. I had a lot of fun looking at the scenery. The lady at the window asked if we could have cones. Mama thought they would have ice cream in them, but they were just cones. Scout didn't even like them.

Today, I had go to the doctor. He looked at my foot. It was decided that I will check-in to the hospital a few days before my surgery and get some IVs to hopefully clear up my infection. I will have to stay in the hospital for about a week after my surgery. I think I will have to be there 7-10 days. Mama said she is really going to miss me, but I need to have this done so that I can run and play and not be in pain.

After we left the vet's office, we stopped by Daddy's work. He forgot Tom Tom and he's going on a business trip, so he needed it. It was fun seeing Daddy's workplace.

When we got home, Scout really checked me over. She checked me over more than the vet did. She wasn't jealous when she found out I had been to the vet.

Scout is complaining that the house is a mess with toys all over the place. I like playing and I think I'm giving Mama exercise because she is always moving the toys back into my room.

Today, I decided I wanted the fan that's in my room brought into the living room.

I didn't think Mama would notice, but she did.

Do you think they will let me take a toy to the hospital? I guess I need to find out.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Is Tired Tonight

6 comments:

  1. Joey- take care and make sure your foot heals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. We hope that you aren't too sad having to be at the hospital that long. Will your mom and dad be able to visit you?

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole week?! Wowzers! They are doing some serious work on you. I will have my paws crossed tightly for you while you're gone. I think you should definitely take a toy, and a fluffy bed!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey-
    you are a busy greyhound...heehee.
    Hope your foot heals quickly and sorry you have to be in the dog hospital. Get well soon!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey, what a total sweetheart you are! I know things will be so much better for you when you are all healed from the surgery. It is just no fun at all having to go through things like this and being in pain. I will send prayers and lots of healing energy your way.

    In spite of it all you seem to be enjoying your new home and that is just the best thing ever. You remind me so much of our Wally, he is not with us any longer, but he was a doll just like you.

    I hope you can bring a toy with you, or at least a blanket that you like so you can have some comforting smells with you while you are there...that is a pretty long stay and I know you will miss Scout and your humans! I will be wanting to hear all about it when it is all over.

    And tell your Dad to give that lady at DQ a heads up on how empty ice cream cones do not taste as good as ones with some ice cream in them. ;)

    Hugs and scritches big guy! And to Scout too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey is so cute! I love that he carries stuff around the house. I wonder why he does it.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...