Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meeting and Greeting

Mama surprised me yesterday by asking if I wanted to go to a meet and greet. She said we could take back Joey's belly bands to the group since he doesn't need them. I, of course, said YES!.

I had to get ready for my big day out. I got my nails done and my teeth brushed. Mama used a doggy wipe on me that makes me fell so soft. I didn't want to disappoint any of the people by not being the softest I could be.

Joey was quite disappointed that he didn't get to go even though he got the "spa" treatment too. Mama said it was a girls day out and Joey wouldn't want to do anything but stand and he can't do that with his foot. Mama and I stopped at the bank first to deposit her check and get some money for lunch. Bunny, I hate to tell you this, but we got FRENCH FRIES!

There were lots of people who petted me at the meet and greet. Mama said I was good because I didn't want to go until about 15 minutes before it ended. I looked deep into her eyes and let her know that I was ready and if we didn't leave I would start in with my whining which turns into a bark. I knew she didn't want me to do that because that might make the other greys bark and then we would look like crazy dogs instead of the dignified dogs that we really are. Yes, I know how to work Mama.

It was a nice day out. I gave Joey the biscuit that the bank lady gave me and I ate the good treat that Aunt Donna gave me at the meet and greet. Joey thought he got the better end of the deal, but I know that I did.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Likes Girls Day Out

7 comments:

  1. Yay for a girls day out! Even though Mom's love all their hounds, it is especially nice to get to spend some one on one time with everybody! That was especially nice of you to share the treat though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and dad are a bit nervous because we are all going to Blog Paws and we all don't know how I will react with all the people and dogs. I will remember to give them the "look" like you did when I have enough. I hope mom and dad understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day for you Scout. I was wishing I had some french fries just yesterday, you're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scout you are just the sweetest! Sounds like you had a great day. Joey has plenty of time to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scout, you just needed some special time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a few weeks since I've read any blogs, so I have a lot to catch up on! Wow, you guys have been very busy! Going to the vet is no fun, but I sure am glad that the little man just had an old injury and not something worse! I read that Joey likes to go potty over top of Scout's potty spot...it's the same way at our house. It must be a boy thing! It's definitely not an alpha thing because Mr. Buford lets all the girls boss him around. I love seeing all the pictures of Scout and Joey upside down relaxing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girls day out sounds awesome! I am so glad you got to go out and have some one on one time with your mama. I hope you enjoyed some of the french fries for me!

    Fooling Joey with the treat proves the girls rule and boys drool!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...