Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Camping Is Fun!


I had a lot of fun camping! It was really strange riding in the motor home. I wanted to be in the passenger seat, but I wasn't allowed. I had to sit in the back with Scout. Mama sat with me because I was very excited. I enjoyed watching all the scenery go by. It was even fun to see the big trucks pass us on the highway.

There is so much to see at a campground. There are lots of people and dogs. One person even had a parrot that made lots of noise. There was a dog across the street from us that I really wanted to meet, but Mama wouldn't let me. I just had to watch him from the RV.

I didn't get to stay outside as long as I wanted because I wouldn't lay down. I wanted to stand the whole time and since I have a bad foot, Mama said I couldn't do that. I didn't want to miss anything by laying down.

We went on a few walks, but I wanted to go further. Daddy said that next year, I can walk as much as I want. I can't wait for that!

Scout was not a happy camper. She didn't get happy until she saw Mama putting stuff away and then she knew we were headed home.

Daddy said she was upset because she had to share the big bed with me. She wanted it all to herself. Scout wasn't even excited when Grandma and Grandpa came by. She loves them, but she was in a bad mood.


Mama brought my ice pack with us, so I had to use that several times a day.

I also had to take my medicine and I stressed Mama out because I didn't want to take it. I'm still giving her a hard time with it. I'm not a big food eater, so I'm making things difficult. I'm really a good boy, but I don't like taking medicine. I'll be glad when my surgery is over and I'm all better and then no more medicine!

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Thinks Camping Is Pretty Cool

4 comments:

  1. It looks like all the Greys had a BLAST! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey, I would have been too excited to lay down, too! I mean, really! All that stuff to see and smell would make me so happy and curious.

    I'm sorry Scout wasn't having a good time. I hope she will have a better time the next time you get to go!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you while you were camping. I'm so glad you had a good time. I'm so sorry Scout didn't have much fun. It will be better next tme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey, we are glad you had so much fun camping. We don't think we'll ever get to go camping, although Tavi got to go on a picnic with Camie and Mom.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...