Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Me.....Joey!

Hi Everyone,

It's me, Joey, writing my first blog. The lady here who I am supposed to call Mom or Mama said I should introduce myself. I am a retired athlete. I raced 47 times and won 9 times which includes winning a stakes. I raced at Southland which is near Memphis. I also raced at Mardi Gras which is in Florida a few times. Everyone seems to be excited that I won a stakes, but it was just another race to me. My career ended on 08/06/2010 when I got hurt in a race. Last week, we all gathered around the computer and we watched my races. It was fun hearing the announcer call my name which used to be UCME Bubbasparks. He would say "I See You Bubbasparks!" and "Sparks are flying off of Bubba".

After I got hurt, I lived on a farm until about the end of June, I think. I then moved to a kennel for a few weeks and then I took a long road trip from Tulsa to St. Louis and I ended up living here.

Living in a house is a lot different from a kennel. There is so much room. I love exploring all the rooms. The carpet feels so good on my feet. There is so much to see and do. You should see all the toys that they have here. I like to move them from my room to the living room. I cry when I squeak them because I get so excited. I love laying on the couch. It is so comfy. There is a big window in the living room and I have a great view of the squirrels. They drive me crazy!

The people here seem to like seeing the doctor. Last Saturday, Scout and I went to the vet for check-ups. Monday, I had to see another vet because of my foot. Tuesday, the lady went to the doctor for a check-up. Wednesday, I had to go back to the vet for more tests. Today, the man aka Daddy went to the doctor for a check-up. These people are nuts with seeing the doctor.

Scout, my new sister, is okay. She wants to play, but I can't because of my foot. I have to be on a leash when I'm outside, so that's a real bummer. We did chase a bunny together before I was put on the leash restriction. That was fun. There are bunnies and squirrels all over here. There are also horseflies and I don't like them.

I really like living here and the lady said that once my foot is fixed that I will feel a lot better. She said we will be able to take long walks. I will be able to run and play with Scout. I think Scout will like me better then.

I still have to sleep in my crate at night and when the lady leaves the house. She said I have to prove I can handle being free while she is gone. The first time she left me out, I messed up. I found a cloth Walmart bag and I chewed a hole in it. I then had an "accident" in the kitchen. She said it's probably best that I stay in my crate until my foot gets better anyway. I don't mind the crate, but being free is definitely going to be more fun.

The Greyhound Who Likes Living In A House

Beach Life Is The Best

Hi Friends! Yes, I know it has been a long time since I updated all of you.  Mom heard someone say that no one really cares when a blogger...