Sunday, August 28, 2011

Family Fun Day

Today, we are having a family fun day since Joey is leaving for the hospital tomorrow.

Here we are resting this morning.

No, Joey is not on drugs yet. He just looks that way.


After breakfast, Joey played. He's probably not supposed to play this much, but Mama let him since he's not going to be able to play for quite a while. Mama made a video of Joey playing. I hope it works for you.

We then drove past our old house. I got excited thinking we were moving back, but we just drove by. We then went to the state park that Jack loved so much. Joey thought it was pretty neat. We met the camp host who thought we were just the sweetest things.

We stopped for lunch on the way home. I had a few fries and Joey didn't have any. He was too busy looking out the window. The boy likes to look out windows.

I'm going to miss him. I've actually slept in his room with him a few nights. He's in a crate and I sleep outside of the crate. Yes, he can be quite a pain, but I do like him a little....sometimes.

Scout,
The Greyhound Who Is Going To Miss Her Little Brother

7 comments:

  1. Aww, Scout, it sounds like you and Joey are starting to really hit it off. The video of him is so cute. I'm glad you all had a great day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout- I'm glad you've decided to like Joey. He's quite a handsome brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the time that he's in the hospital goes quickly! Will they allow you to see him while he's there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the video. I hope all goes well for him with his surgery. We will keep him in our hearts during his time in the hosital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with Joey's surgery. I hope everything goes really well. Just really make sure to keep him confined so he doesn't get pressure sores from moving too much. Greyhounds are so proned to that. Cut back his calories since he won't be burning them. Utilitze Kongs like crazy. Make him eat all of his meals via stuffed Kongs. Riley gets 4 or 5 frozen Kongs a day. Its 95 degrees where I am so I try to get her out in the hot sun everyday and have her pant for a few minutes... just to burn off a little energy without doing much. Grooming. Also, I untwist a large rope toy and insert kibble. Just anything you can do to keep him busy, but off his feet. I hope your time flies. We have 13 more days. Love his play video and hope he's back to doing that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Joey and Scout and Momma - I hope Joey is back and feeling better very soon - he is quite the player with stuffies! It was fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to be Scout...good luck tomorrow Joey!!!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...