Monday, February 27, 2012

Tired Today

Thank you to everyone for your words of support about my upcoming surgery.  Mama was upset over it Saturday night.  She feels really sad that I am going to have another surgery and she hates putting me through it.  However, she thinks it is necessary for me to have a normal life.   I hurt my foot two weeks ago and it is just getting back to normal.  That's what happens.  I bang my foot or whatever I do and it takes 2-3 weeks for it to get better again.  The vet agreed with Mama that the plate and screws could be bothering me.  The x-rays didn't show any problems, so it's not like a screw has backed out.  I just don't have much "padding" between the plate and my skin.  If taking the plate out doesn't help, I will just have to take pain medication.  We are very hopeful that it will help. Plus, it's not good for the bone to grow over the plate which is already happening.  Mama just wants it to be over with and hopes that I'm not in pain for very long after the surgery.  If the staples come out in 10-14 days, don't you think I will be feeling okay by then?   I think I will just be really bruised for a few days.  Why are they using staples instead of stitches that dissolve?  I told you Mama asks lots of questions, but she didn't think of that one until we got home.  We wish my surgery could be sooner, but my vet has conferences to attend next week and he was booked up this week.

Yesterday, I was tired from my vet visit.  They took an x-ray and then they took blood and did an EKG to make sure I was ready for surgery.  I didn't realize how tiring it was until the next day.  However, when Daddy asked if we wanted to go to the park, I was ready.  He said I could jump in the Jeep myself, so that was cool.  We went to the state park near our house.  We walked in the woods which is my favorite thing to do.  We didn't walk as far as we had on Monday, but it was enough.  My vet was impressed that I walked a mile on Monday and it didn't bother me.  After our walk, we drove through the park and looked for other dogs and deer.  We only saw one dog.  Mama kept telling me what a good boy I was in the Jeep.  I didn't whine like I normally do.  After we got home, everyone but Mama took naps.  At dinner time, Mama said she had a coupon for a free pizza and asked if we wanted to go with her to get it.  OH BOY!  TWO RIDES IN ONE DAY!  I was a good boy again and didn't whine.  Mama commented that I seemed to have changed in the last week.  I've become more loving, a little calmer and I was riding better in the Jeep.  Am I growing up?  Maybe, maybe not.  LOL  Mama said she hopes I continue being this good.  I'm not saying what is going on because I have to keep her guessing. 

This morning, I am still tired, but that's normal for a Monday.  I look for rabbits whenever I go outside.  How do you like my stand?  Mama liked that my tail was up somewhat like a Pointer. I had been sitting in the yard, but stood up when Mama pointed the camera at me.  Those darn bunnies drive me crazy!  

Wow, this was a long post.  I need to get in a nap before I move to the deck for another nap.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Going To Teach Those Bunnies A Lesson Soon

8 comments:

  1. I don't understand about those darn staples either. I think you'll do just fine with your surgery. It's just the job of us moms to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like one of those it gets worse before it gets better situations. Hopefully after the surgery and the staples come out. This ordeal will be far gone memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know all your friends will be thinking healing thoughts for your surgery. Keep an eye out for those bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey, you will be so much better after this next surgery. It is quite understandable that your mama is concerned - I would be too. Heck, yesterday Wanda was a little sick in the morning and I worried all day, even though nothing more happend to her and she ate and took walks - mamas just worry - because we love you. I think you are changing because you are understanding that you ARE REALLY, ABSOLUTELY and FOREVER in your VERY OWN HOME with a doggie sister that loves you and a mama and daddy that love you so much and want you to be able to run and jump and roo - P.S. I love the rooing video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think the little problems you are having with your foot might be because the plate needs to come out.
    You have a wonderful mother to care so much, many people would have given up on you with your leg problems but your mum and dad have done an excellent job caring for you.
    We are crossing all our claws you will be A1 after you have been to the vet.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom said she thinks they use the staples in places that don't have a lot of padding to help hold it in place better, but she's not certain on that. Ten to fourteen days doesn't sound bad at all! You'll be running in the back yard before the summer heat hits. I'm so jealous!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama's worry; that's part of the job description! Once this is over, I'm sure you will be as good as new and those bunnies had better watch out :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loads of good wishes coming your way Cuz. I'm with you on the bunny front! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...