Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting Ready For The Meet & Greet


I'm getting all ready for the meet & greet. I used to go to them a lot, but haven't for a while. The reason I like camping is because when I walk through the campground, people come and pet me. A meet and greet is better because I can just lay on the floor and the people pet me. There is no exercise involved, but I'm still really tired after a day of greeting the public.

What do I do to get ready for the meet & greet? Well, last night I got my nails Dremeled. Today, I'm going to get my hair brushed with the Furminator. I shed a lot. Jack was a non-shedder. I will also use a few moist wipes to freshen myself up and then I will have my teeth brushed. Hey, it's not easy being a diva!

I've been really lonely this week. Mama has been trying to keep me entertained but I've been pretty demanding with her. I've been talking back to her. It's boring here and the cows are not nice to play with. Thank you to Bunny's Mom @ Tales & Tails for giving us some tips on the cows. We will just stay away from them from now on and just look at them from the safety of our house. The rabbits are a little entertaining, but they are not the same as another dog. Daddy said we can start looking for me a new brother or sister! We will never ever forget Jack, but there is a hole in all of hearts and we think a new dog will fill it. Mama says the house is just too quiet. We know the new dog will not be Jack and will probably not be like Jack at all, but there is a greyhound out there that needs us as much as we need him or her.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Is Very Excited About Today

6 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all!

    My Humans said it takes humans a long time to get over loosing a family member.

    I hear them talkin' about times they had with brothers and sisters I never knew. They still miss them.

    I guess when we go over that rainbow bridge we take our part of our humans heart with us. The new Greyhound will occupy y'alls thoughts and keep you and them busy, but he'll never fill the hole in y'alls hearts. That belongs to Jack.

    Y'all take care now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meets and Greets are always fun! I hope you have a greyt time! It will be exciting to have a new brother or sister! I know there will be another Jack, but their are others out there who need a sister like you! Just remember to be patient when he/she first arrives...it could take a little time to get things the way you like them, but it will happen. Hugs and Scritches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had quite a spa day, Scout! Bet you look and smell wonderful for your admirers at the meet and greet. Remember when your new brother or sister comes home it might take some time to show him or her the ropes but it will be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom thought she'd never be able to love another dog like she loved Treat, but she just couldn't stand not having her around so much that it led her and Dad and Blueberry to come visit the adoption kennel. She was REALLY hoping that the dog who chose her would not be a brindle like Treat, but she did meet quite a few brindles that day. Now, I don't mean to brag or anything, but I think the fact that I'm not a brindle helped me a lot, and well, I'm sure I'm much prettier than Treat was! Mom would never say that, but that's what I think. I hope you meet some really nice, fun, friendly hounds today, and that lots of people want to pet you! I love it when people pet me!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've always thought that getting a new animal-in-need is the best balm for a broken heart. Not to replace, never that, but to help heal. I'm glad that you feel ready to take that step.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scout, I hope you had a great day at the meet and greet. Mom is ready for another greyhound too, but she really wants to be living someplace that has a yard or a little bit bigger living space before she gets one (our apartment is so super tiny).

    We are glad you are going to find a new friend/brother/sister. We know how much you are missing Jack. We're purring that the right grey comes into your lives soon.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...