Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's Jack's Gotcha Day


Today would have been Jack's 5th Gotcha Day. It's the day he was adopted by Mama and Daddy. We are trying not to be sad. We are trying to smile and laugh when we think about him because he was a funny guy. He could always make Mama laugh.

We have started the search for a new brother for me. I'm excited because I'm pretty lonely. It's much more fun taking walks with another dog than just walking alone. Jack used to point out the good things to sniff. I used to like to run laps around Jack and now I'm just running around Mama. It's not the same.

Mama ordered a new dog bed for my future brother. She said that he needs something that is just his and not a hand me down. Mama said she may let the new guy wear some of Jack's collars but probably not Jack's favorite. She said she will see how she feels once he is here. If you lost a brother or sister, did the new brother or sister use things that belonged to the one who died?

Scout
The Greyhound Who Is A Little Sad Today

7 comments:

  1. Don't be sad Scout cuz we will all celebrate Jack today and hold him a bit closer to our hearts. :)

    Blessings,
    Maggie Mae and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got rid of Guinness' bed ( it was in need of replacement anyways) and his coat, and put his favorite collar in the memory box along with his stuffed turtle and ashes. I did let Oberon have Guinness' stuffed giraffe though-it fell off the mantle on it's own, so I figured it was him saying it was alright for Oberon to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a happy picture of Jack. I bet he is running around playing and having a great time. I'm sure he will send a great brother too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Scout - I'm Jack's half-sister - I send you all sorts of Greyhound love and hopes and prayers for a wonderful brother to come your way soon - I didn't get to use much of my "sister's" things once I arrived - I do get to use her crate and I love it - I am not good with stuffies either but I love my walks. Wanda (and her mom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a bed that Mom got when she brought Treat home from the vet when she first got sick, and it was a giant orthopedic bed. She wouldn't let anybody use it while Treat was alive, but she hardly ever used it, and Hawk and Lilac both liked resting their old bones on it, which is what it was for. I liked it because I could lay beside Lilac on it. Mom did feel a bit sad when it got worn out and they had to throw it away, though. I did inherit some of Treat's fancy collars, Mom said they were too pretty not to use, but she did put a few of Treat's things aside, too. I got a new coat because I'm too tiny to wear the coat Mom made for Treat, although it's quite cute! Mom says that was really Treat's, though, and that's okay. I guess it was a mixed bag. Some things went away in the memory box and some things were shared with me.

    I can't wait to see what your new brother will be like! Even though you miss Jack, I bet you're excited, too. Mom says a new hounds is like waiting for Christmas!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scout, Jacey got to wear some of Oreo's fancy collars. Also, Oreo's coat. Beds around here never belonged to one dog or the other, so Jacey and Sam both sleep in beds that Oreo once slept in, and they play with her toys. But Oreo's most-often-worn collar and her red kennel muzzle went into the memory box, and Jacey has never worn them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When we lost Hunter, we had already gotten Camie, so she was used to using some of his things already, but she didn't use his collar or leash. Mom keeps the address tags from all of the bridge siblings on her key chain to always have a bit of them with her.

    We hope you find a brother soon.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...