Friday, June 17, 2011

My Second Time Being Alone


Mama had to go to the store this morning to replace some of our refrigerated food. She thinks some of it may have spoiled during our power outage on Wednesday because she got pretty sick yesterday afternoon. I had to stay home because they don't allow dogs at the grocery store and Wal-Mart. I did okay, but I sure was happy when Mama got home.

Mama said when she was at Wal-Mart, she was thinking that maybe she should get a card for our vet to thank him for taking care of Jack for the past five years. She really likes our vet. She was one of his very first customers when he started his business about twenty years ago. She said he used to have to stand on a regular scale with the animal to weigh them. He now has a real scale, which I don't like because it doesn't take into consideration that I'm big boned. I don't know how he would have weighed me because I don't think he would want to lift me and I don't fit on one of those people scales. Anyway, who walked into Wally World, but our vet! Mama had never seen him outside the office until today. Mama said that he said he had called the E-vet on Saturday night, so he knew about Jack. She said that they talked about Jack for a few minutes and even though she was teary-eyed, it was nice to see him and it made her feel better. Mama hadn't been to that Wally World for quite a while, but today felt like she needed to go there and I guess it was so that she could see our vet.

It's kind of stormy here. I'm a little nervous, but not totally freaked out. I'm glad Mama got home before the storms came.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Needs A Nap After Being Alone For Two Hours

7 comments:

  1. It's never fun to be left home alone, but at least you did better than Camie did on her first time being left alone. She took the door and frame off the wall and tore a hole in the carpet down to the cement that was about 5 square feet.

    We are so glad your mama ran into the vet and was able to talk to him in person.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody and Gracie,

    Jack chewed up the door knobs when he was first left at home alone. One time, Mama came home and he was in the garage. They solved the problem by allowing him to stay in the bedroom when they left. He was fine after that. I guess he just wanted to watch Judge Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Scout, I can understand you being nervous. Renner was the same when Scooter passed away. It was hard at first but then he got a little more comfortable. However, Mandy came into the picture a few months down the road and he was glad to not be alone anymore but had to adjust to a new sister. Everything works out in the end. Try not to worry too much. Hugs and scritches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll tell you the truth, sometimes I'm relieved when the humans leave, because Mom is always hogging the best seat on the couch when she's home. Still, I'd rather curl up against her on the couch and snuggle than have her gone!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scout,
    I likes it when my mom leave me alone cuz it's da only time I can get on da couch fur a proper nap! Mom won't lets me on da couch when her is home...da nerve! ;)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a big adjustment for everyone. Puddin grieved for a long time after we lost Macy and I don't believe that either of them could handle being on their own. When the time is right (and it's different for everyone), we look forward to meeting your new brother or sister. Until then, keep taking care of your Mama and Daddy. And here's another story for you in case you haven't followed us from the beginning...not long after we got Buford, he had severe separation anxiety (even though Macy was here) and ate a sewing kit! He actually swalled 4 1/2 threaded needles (along with parts of a remote) and had to go into emergency stomach surgery! It was so scary, but he's been the best boy ever since! Just don't do anything like that and you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scout, you are doing such a great job. I know it's hard without Jack. What a great story about running into your vet.

    I wanted to let you know that you've been given an Inspiration Award. Stop by to pick it up. http://hikinghounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...