Sunday, June 26, 2011

Resting After The Meet & Greet

The meet and greet was fun. Mama forget to take pictures, so we have to use a "stock photo" of me. This is me at the old house sleeping. I look basically the same today sleeping on the same couch in a different house, so we are going with it.

There were a lot of greyhounds at the meet and greet, so I did a lot of sniffing. I've decided that I want a brother and not a sister. There is one male that is currently available in our group and he came to the meet and greet, but we didn't have a connection at all. He was actually the only male that I didn't have a connection with. Mama talked to him, but he didn't seem interested in her either. The people who are fostering him are thinking of adopting him, so he's probably wanting to stay with them.

After the meet and greet, we came home and I took a nap while Mama and Daddy went to the store. I was excited when they came home, so I did three laps around the yard. Mama was surprised I had that much energy left.

It sounds like it may be a while before I get my new brother. Mama said I need to make up a "wish list" of what I want him to be like and she will do the same. We looked on the website last night and found a few that we were interested in, but we need more information on them.

It sounds like it could be a rainy day here, so I'm just going to relax today.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Hopes To Have Another Brother Soon

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy, a new brother! It must be so hard to pick. Mom can't visit too many rescue sites, she just ends up crying, cuz she wants all of them.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like having a brother, but all I have are sisters! I have a feeling that you'll find a perfect one, though! I think making a list is a good idea.

    It's not easy being so gorgeous, socializing with friends and greeting the public! Of course you were tired!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a brother and a sister, Scout. I don't know which one I like better... Beckett lets me tell him what to do and when to do it (which I like :)) but Maddy will play with me more. Mama says we should include him more but he plays too crazy for me. I'm sure you will pick the perfect one.

    Veil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scout, Renner here...

    I had 8 brothers and sisters all at once. Lost count of how many brothers I have had. I had just brothers for a while, then Mandy came along and needed to be with us, so...now I have a sister. I have to say that I also have Ruby, come over....she is a 'grand-greyhound' or something like that. Anyway, I know you are a girl and all, but I am finding sisters to be kind of bossy!

    However, I am really pretty easy going and really like the fact that Mandy runs laps around the yard like I do, so though she is bossy she is also a lot of fun and I think the two of us get along pretty well.

    I am sure whoever you get, it will be someone you get along with and be friends with after you get used to each other.

    Ok, that's all I got to say! Ummm... ya, pretty sure...yep...that is it.

    See you round Scout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to take your time about getting just the right brother for you and your family.

    By the way, sorry not to tell you before - but I gave you an award on my blog back on Friday (it's on the Take your dog to work posting).

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...