Sunday, June 19, 2011

One Week Has Passed


We have survived the first week without our boy. Yesterday was hard because I was remembering the time line of everything that had happened last Saturday. We stayed busy, but I was still watching the clock and was dreading reaching the time that he had actually died. Jeff painted my office yesterday and needed my help about twenty minutes before "time of death" occurred and when I was finished helping him, the time had passed. I missed it, but that was probably good. I'm feeling a relief to be past the one week mark. Last week was one of the longest weeks of my life and I'm glad it is over. There is no more thinking "last week of this time he was alive" and we were doing this and that.

If you are wondering, Jack loved his jammies. He received many laughs from fellow campers because he would prance around the campground in his jammies. Jack pranced, he didn't walk like a normal dog. He always had a spring in his step.

Patty
Mama to Jack and Scout

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely boy. Love the jammie picture.
    It does get easier....with time

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved that picture of him in the glasses that was on Facebook! Jack was one of a kind! It does get easier with time, and also as the fun and happy memories you shared come to the forefront. Jack led a wonderful, charmed life with you!

    Carrie and Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack was very lucky to have been loved by you and we like him in his jammies and the glasses. It is so hard BUT it does get easier with time. We don't forget them but remember the good times and happy memories. In that way, they are always with us.
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you in the grieving process, just one week ahead, since I lost my Romeo a week before you lost Jack. I think you'll see that it does continue to get a little easier with every day that passes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty,
    I pray that he continues to get easier. I sure loved Jack what a character he was! Keep thinking off all the wonderful times with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that with every week that passes it gets easier. Remember all those special moments with your special boy!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...