Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Rainbow Over Jack's Deck

It's Mama at the keyboard this morning. We have been doing "okay". Jack is never out of my thoughts for long, but the tears are coming less often and don't last for as long. There are times like last night when I miss him so much that I feel that I can't stand it. This morning when I woke up, I still had that feeling and hugging Scout did not help. I looked out the front window and noticed that the sky had a strange color to it. It just had a glow to it. I went out back onto Jack's deck as we've called it since we moved here and looked at our tomato plant wondering when the tomatoes would actually turn red and feeling sad because Jack had helped me plant it and he wouldn't be here to see the tomatoes turn red. I turned to go inside the house and this is what I saw.

I have never been one to believe in the signs of a rainbow. I still don't know if I do, but this was the most beautiful rainbow that I have ever seen and it was over Jack's deck. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but it was very colorful and full. It made me cry, of course. Has my boy made it to the rainbow bridge? I guess it would help if I could believe that, but I just don't know if I do.

Patty
A Mama Who Hopes Her Boy Is Okay

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of Jack's rainbow - I'm sure if its possible, he is watching over you all. I may be crazy, LOL, but when I look at the cloud in the upper right corner, I kind of see a "doggy" face. I know if you stare at clouds long enough you can see anything you want, but it does seem comforting somehow with the rainbow in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and me is just hearin' 'bouts Jack. :( We are so very sorry fur your loss. RIP sweet furiend. :(

    Blessings,
    Maggie Mae and mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I had a similar experience after Treat died. I'd read all kinds of posts on forums about people getting signs when their dogs had passed away. I asked Treat if she'd send me a sign after she'd passed. I looked for signs everywhere, and never saw one. Two weeks later, I got the call that her ashes were in. I wasn't really ready to pick them up, but I went anyway, because I couldn't stand the idea of her waiting there at the vet's office. I cried on the way home, and at one point, I had to stop at a light. There in front of me was a small SUV with a "Got Greyhound" decal on the back. And when I looked up, I saw a rainbow, a really big one across the sky. I don't know how to describe it, but when I got home, I felt more at peace. I think because she was home. I never really was sure if that was a sign or not. I honestly felt like I got my true sign about a year later, after I'd had Bunny here for a year. I kind of felt like the true sign was that she'd sent Bunny here to look out for me. In any event, now that I've rambled on and on, the rainbow is beautiful, and I think it was just what you needed at the time!

    Bunny's mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture and words made me tear up...Such a beautiful sign from Jack....He's probably having a greyt time.
    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't really believe in "signs" before I lost my first greyhound, Hunter. But I know that Hunter came to me a couple of days after he was helped over the bridge. I was just about to fall asleep, but he came up and licked my hand, and I had such an intense feeling of peace and well-being about him after that. Just be open to what Jack still has to say to you. Hugs,

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think it was Jack, smiling down on you!
    We look to the sky and thank our dear "Leo" everytime it snows. How that dog loved a good snowstorm!!

    Wyatt's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful memory. It made me tear up again. It will hurt for a long, long time and you will never get over losing your boy, but time does help in the healing process. I'm so glad that Scout has agreed to take over Jack's blog. She will do greyt and I look forward to reading about her adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure it was a sign. He is waiting for you on the other side, but he doesn't want you to hurry to be there....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not long after Guinness came home in his jar, I sound a picture online of a rainbow-one end of it was in the back of a Guinness truck..I took it as a sign that he was telling me he was ok and was thinking of me. A couple months ago, I had a dream- I was in the back yard watching Guinness and Oberon playing, and when I woke up I felt much more peace about it, even though I still tear up when he crosses my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...