Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Rainbow Over Jack's Deck

It's Mama at the keyboard this morning. We have been doing "okay". Jack is never out of my thoughts for long, but the tears are coming less often and don't last for as long. There are times like last night when I miss him so much that I feel that I can't stand it. This morning when I woke up, I still had that feeling and hugging Scout did not help. I looked out the front window and noticed that the sky had a strange color to it. It just had a glow to it. I went out back onto Jack's deck as we've called it since we moved here and looked at our tomato plant wondering when the tomatoes would actually turn red and feeling sad because Jack had helped me plant it and he wouldn't be here to see the tomatoes turn red. I turned to go inside the house and this is what I saw.

I have never been one to believe in the signs of a rainbow. I still don't know if I do, but this was the most beautiful rainbow that I have ever seen and it was over Jack's deck. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but it was very colorful and full. It made me cry, of course. Has my boy made it to the rainbow bridge? I guess it would help if I could believe that, but I just don't know if I do.

Patty
A Mama Who Hopes Her Boy Is Okay
Post a Comment

Awww......Life At The Beach!

It looks great, doesn't it?  Unfortunately, this is my view: Yep, we are still at the RV park.  We were all prepared to mov...