Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We Are Doing Okay


Hi everyone, it's me, Scout. I am going to try and carrying on the blog for Jack, but it will be hard to fill his paws.

First of all, we want to thank everyone for their kind comments about Jack. We cried while reading the comments, but it has also been a comfort.

We are doing okay. Saturday and Sunday were terrible. Mama and Daddy cried so much. I sat on the couch with Mama almost the entire day on Sunday, which is not my normal thing. I usually sleep in the bedroom during the day, but I felt she needed me. Yesterday, Daddy went to work and Mama went to work in her home office. Mama cried several times yesterday, but the tears are not coming quite as often and they don't last as long, so we feel we are moving on in our grieving process. We are trying to create a new normal by changing our routine a little bit. Mama said it would be hard for Daddy when he came home and was only greeted by me. I tried to make it extra special for him. He didn't cry when he saw me, so I think I succeeded!

Mama and Daddy cried a little bit last night talking about Jack, but then they started laughing about things Jack used to do. Daddy got a toy out and started playing with me and Mama laughed even more. I can't make the toys come to life like Jack could. He would fling them high in the sky. He loved his stuffies. I try, but I just can do it like he could.

Mama and I are going to start doing meet and greets again. She says I need to get out and see other hounds. I'm more excited about the people. I love people! Mama also said we are going to start walking at night. I gave her a dirty look because if she thinks I'm going to walk in the heat, she is mistaken.

We are not changing the name of the blog because we are going to adopt a new brother or sister for me, but we haven't decided when. Mama brought it up on Sunday, but Daddy didn't say much. Last night, Mama said maybe we won't get one because it's so easy just taking care of me and I kind of like being the center of attention. Daddy said that I need a sibling, so it sounds like he may be thinking of adopting sooner than Mama thought. They both said that I get to help pick out my new sibling because we want one that I really like and one that will run with me. Mama said she would like a smaller grey than me because I'm big. I'm a female that weighs 85 pounds, actually a little less than that because I lost weight at the hotel. I'm taller than Jack was, so it's NOT like I'm obese, I'm just a "big boned" girl. LOL She wants a smaller only because it was hard to get Jack in the Jeep and that has been her fear all along if one of us got hurt.

I need to get back to bed, so I will close for now. Again, thank you for your comments about Jack. He is missed more than we can say.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Is Trying To Make Her Brother Proud

10 comments:

  1. Good for you Scout. Sounds like you are looking after your mom and dad really well. We look forward to meeting your new sibling someday soon. I'm sure you will have lots to blog about then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be Scout! Looking forward to hearing about everything. Big hugs and scritches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scout! So great to hear your musings here :). Don't worry about trying to be like Jack, just be yourself, and it will be just awesome. :D.

    Rally and Lima Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Scout! Thanks for taking over the blogging, you're doing greyt! I agree with others, just be you!
    I hope you and your Ma & Pa's hearts heal up and you can have a new sibling to share with us.
    I know it will take a while for the right time to adopt....
    Keep on making your Ma & Pa smile, they really need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all being very brave and I am so glad that you are going to carry on blogging and that you are going to give another dog a great home and a lovely forever family.

    We will keep thinking of you, we promise.

    Lots of love from Winnie and all her family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scout, it's so good to hear from you! You are doing an excellent job of taking care of your mom and dad. I know it will take awhile for all of you to get over losing Jack. I'm glad you're going to do some new things and try to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh. so sad for you. can't imagine. good for scout, taking over! and have fun finding a best buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We miss Jack, too, but I'm so glad you're going to keep writing the blog, Scout! You sound like my sister, Blueberry. She's taller than a lot of boy hounds that we meet. As a matter of fact, I can tell you a funny story about her. After Treat died, Mom was really heartbroken, but she wanted to keep doing therapy visits and going out with a hound. Treat always picked out the other hounds, but this time Blueberry went with Mom and Dad as the family spokesdog. Mom wanted a female, but after they met about a dozen girls and didn't feel "the magic" Mom agreed to meet a male they had named Try. Try got a little too friendly with Blueberry. Not only did she tell him "No, I am not that kind of girl" but she chased him down in the turn out area and made sure he learned the lesson! BOL! Anyway, after that, they let Mom and Dad meet me, even though I was brand new to the kennel and not cat tested or anything. The magic did happen! Whenever you feel ready to go meet new siblings, remember that you shouldn't make boys cry. ;) We're thinking of you and your family!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scout, we think you did a greyt job today. We know how much you miss your brother, but we are glad that your mama wants to get you another sibling. You will all know when the right grey comes along whether it is sooner or later. We have been purring for all of you.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scout I think you are making Jack proud. Good job. Keep the love going to you mom and dad. We miss Jack too! Good luck with picking a new sibling when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...