Friday, June 24, 2011

Our Neighbor Cut His Grass

Do you want to see how people cut their grass here? This is how:



This is our neighbor cutting his field. It's actually not a farmer, but a pipe line business. Mama and I had been hoping they would cut it because we were scared we would get a lot of snakes from the tall grass. However, we have found that the cutting has brought the snakes out of the field and on to the road. We found two dead ones in one day. We are now even more scared to walk around our yard now

Mama and I are planning on going to a meet and greet tomorrow. I'm so excited.

Oh my gosh! Mama and I just got back from a walk and a cow started charging at us. We got scared and we started running. We were scared it was going to crash through the fence. Sorry, there are no pictures to share.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Is Ready To Go To A Meet And Greet And Get Away From The Cows

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Snakes and charging cows... Don't thing we'd like that either.
    Good luck at the meet n greet.
    ernie,sasha,chica,lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yegads! I would not be happy about the snakes, either!

    Scout, Mom grew up on a farm and near some rather mean cows and bulls, and she said don't run from them. It just agitates them more. Don't make eye contact with them and just keep walking. Also, it's a good idea to know where the nearest trees are. You can stay safe by going behind a tree if they would break out as long as you keep it between you and the cow. I'd hate to read about you or your mama getting hurt by one!

    Oooooo! The Meet and Greet sounds so exciting! I wonder if you'll meet another nice hound there that you like. Even if you don't, it's always good for more people to meet hounds who are needing homes! Plus, it's so much fun to socialize there!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow!! ;-) Those cows can be cranky some times. I hope you have fun at the Meet and Greet. I'm sure they will love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scout, I guess that's where the saying "snake in the grass" comes from. I don't know which is worse a slithery snake or a mad cow! Hope your meet and greet is lots of fun!
    Beckett, Veil and Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, I think snakes are scary too! We have cows that live near us too, but I hope they're not mean - one got out a couple months ago and was in the median of a major road, but he must have got home safely because I didn't read about it in the paper.

    Hope you have fun at the meet and greet! I host one of our adoption groups meet and greets so our kids go to one every month. If you're like them, you will definitely need a nice long nap when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know how to stop a charging cow??? Take away her credit card - hehe - sorry, we couldn't resist. We hope you have fun at the meet and greet. Camie didn't like them, but Hunter (our first Grey) was always the star of the show when he went - only we call them show and tells here.

    Stay safe from snakes and cows.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...