Friday, July 29, 2011

Going To The Vet Tomorrow For Check-Ups

Hi everyone!

Joey and I go to the doctor tomorrow for check-ups. I don't mind going, but they will put me on the scale. I don't think it's going to be good. I haven't been walking as much as I should because it's just so hot. Joey is still not playing with me, so it's hard to burn calories.

Joey is doing fine. He loves to collect things. He moves the toys from his room to the living room. The other day he even moved a suitcase from the closet to the living room. He also carried in Mama's winter boots and a blanket. Mama said he doesn't realize he's staying here and he's packing his favorite things to take to the next place. He's silly. Mama says it's funny to hear thump, thump, thump and there's Joey with a new treasure in his mouth.

Joey loves to stand over the vent to cool off. He also lays on or near the vent. He is the king of roaching on the couch.





He doing well in his training. He hasn't had to use a belly band. He hasn't had an accident since Sunday, but Mama says we can't let our guard down.

We are still not friends, but we are not enemies either.

I told Joey that he needs to start writing the posts. He said he may in a day or two.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Gets Weighed Tomorrow....yikes!

6 comments:

  1. I am laughing about picturing him carrying the suitcase! I think it is so neat to see how the hounds evolve after they retire. Good luck at the vet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. Scout, maybe you should take the things he collects and hide them in different places to see if he can find them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my paws crossed for you at the vet's office tomorrow! Your brother is rather silly. I have a suitcase of my own, but I make the humans carry it!

    But I like it when you write the blog posts, Scout! You're so good at it!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the scales tomorrow, Scout! Girls never like to get weighed, do they? My big brother Beckett used to collect things for a few weeks when he first got here too. Boys are weird sometimes!

    Veil

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay that you and Joey are not friends yet...these things take some time. Hope they are nice to you at the vet, it's hard enough to get on the scale when it's just you looking, but then you'll have all these other people looking and even writing down your weight too! I'll be thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey sounds a lot like our brother grey - Hunter. He liked to collect things too, only he always took them to his bed and hid them. He would collect toilet paper rolls, and Mom's left shoe. He would never collect her right shoe, or anyone else's - just mom's. Good luck tomorrow at the V-E-T.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...