Friday, July 15, 2011

One More Week!


Joey is scheduled to arrive on July 23rd. That is just one week and one day away!

I think we are ready for him. Mama still needs to bring the crate up from the basement and set it up in the spare bedroom. She said she will place it in the doorway and he will be able to see us in the bedroom at night. He will probably only stay in it a few nights unless he wants to stay longer. He's coming from a kennel, so he probably doesn't know anything different right now. I stayed in the crate for a few weeks and Jack loved it. He would get very excited when they shut the door and I was locked inside. He would prance around and tease me. I don't think I will do that to Joey.

Mama says that I need to show Joey around the house and the yard. I'm going to be his role model. Daddy said that I CAN'T teach him how to get in the RV because they don't want him to learn that from me. I still refuse to go up the steps to the RV. I stand there until they boost me up the first step. Daddy said he is not boosting two greyhounds up the steps and they hope Joey will teach me how to do it. I don't think so. Jack tried to teach me, but he would just jump up all five steps. That's crazy!

Scout
The Greyhound Who Is Counting The Days Until Her BubbaJoe Arrives

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats on the new addition to your pack. Looking forward to finding out more about BubbaJoe. M loved/s Greyhounds.Reading your blog reminds her of Tater aka Bad Blaze.
    ernie,sasha,chica,lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more week?! I think I may expire from the anticipation before then! Oh, Scout, I could teach you to do steps! I'm a pro!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scout, climbing into the car is not difficult. My Sam could show you.

    But don't ask my Jacey. She can make a standing leap from the floor to my bed. She can climb up (and down) spiral stairs. But she can't go two steps into my teeny little car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exciting news. Just one more week. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope you are have a fun weekend. We can't wait to meet your new brother.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...