Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh, Brother!

I have to say that having a little brother is making my life a little more interesting. This morning, he got in the rocking recliner. That was pretty funny. He looked like he was trying to ride a surf board. He didn't stay up long, but I think he's going to try it again. Jack sat in a recliner when we first got the RV. I guess it's something boys do.

Joey actually sits and watches the squirrels.



He likes to cool off by standing over the air vent.
Last night, he learned to chew. He does not know the rules yet. The rules are that we swap our chews. He is supposed to get up to get a drink and I steal it from him and then he waits for me to get a drink and then he steals it from me. We both have our own, but Jack and I found stealing from each other was more fun. Joey never got up to get a drink, so we couldn't swap.


This morning, he chased me for about 10 seconds in the yard. We decided that was enough for now. We may try it more tonight.

Scout
The Greyhound Whose Brother Is A Little Odd

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like Joey is really settling in well. I guess it will take him time to learn all the ropes and maybe he'll help you make up some NEW games.

    I wouldn't sit and watch squirrels that quietly. I'd be barking my head off and trying to get outside to see them off.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure seem to know how to entertain yourselves! And those chewies look delish!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like he is settling right into the retired life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Scout and Joey - some "puppy prayers" please for the NBG eagles that are going to be set free in just a little bit to fly and soar and live for many years (please God) - they have two buddy eagles to be set free at the same time - keep your paws crossed that all goes well and we see them happy and free - Go Eagles, Go! Wanda's mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, we are tuned into the eagles. I hope they get the feed up so we can watch it. They said the signal is weak. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool getting to see Joey settling in and enjoying things. Seems like he is pretty smart, figuring out to stand over the blower to cool off. Zephyr and Astro are out barking at squirrels right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you are sharing all of this. I really enjoy reading about it!

    Funny how being new at this adopted thing ... well everything is just *so* exciting and intense. Some of that will wear off and eventually he will probably leave for water, then you can show him how it is supposed to be. The watching squirrels..priceless as well. He will get bored of that eventually...maybe. ;) The recliner, I think you need a video so you can show us properly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...