Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Getting A Bubba!

I'm getting a Bubba! What's a Bubba? It's my new brother! His name is UCME Bubbasparks. His Daddy's name is Be My Bubba, so it's a family name. We are changing his name though even though I think saying Bubba is fun and easy. Bubba, Bubba, Bubba! His name will be Joey. Awwww! Daddy will probably call him Joe. You should have heard all the names they mentioned. Sparky would have been good, but Daddy said no. Joey is the only name that they could agree on, so that's his name. I hope he likes it. They tried to name me Katie and I refused to accept it. I'm a Scout and that is that.

His birthday is November 1st. Mine is November 19th. He will be four this year and I will be six, so I'm the big sister now. He is 90% white with a brindle patch over one eye and we think he has brindle on both ears, but it's hard to tell in his photo. His last race was in August and he's been waiting for a home since January. He's still living in a kennel. Isn't that sad? Can you imagine how much his world is going to change? He's going to love living in a house, riding in the car, going camping, eating Frosty Treats, etc.

(He has a huge tongue. It was 104 when this photo was taken. We don't think he normally looks like this. LOL)

He is cat safe and he even tried to lick the cat. He is interested in the TV that's in the kennel. Could he be another Judge Judy fan? He travels well which is really good since we camp so much. He sounds like a nice guy. I hope he likes me.

Mama ordered his name tags yesterday as well as an ID collar. I got new ones, too! She said she might make him a new collar this week. She has some material that she bought for Jack that she never used. She's sad by that, but it's silly not to use it for Joey. Mama said that Joey needs some colorful collars because with his white hair, they will really show up on him.

We are not sure when he will be arriving. He is having his medical this week or at least that is the plan. There is a lot of planning and scheduling to get him here, so we are being very patient. We know he is in good hands and pretty soon he will be here and he will take over the blog for me because blog writing is really not my thing.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Thinks Everyone Needs A Bubba

13 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! He is so cute. My Tom had been living in the kennel for 18 months before we adopted him. Now he will find out the comforts of a loving home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats exciting! He looks awesome, and sounds perfect for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! White dogs are the best too (although I will admit I am biased ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you and you family. This is such great news! I hope the time passes quickly till he comes to live with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scout, I think you do a wonderful job of writing the blog!

    Bubba is one handsome boy! I think you're going to have so much fun together! My birthday is in November, too, so it must be a good month to have a birthday!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, that is so exciting! Scout, I'm so glad you'll have some one to play with. Joey is very handsome. He looks like he might be a big boy. I'm sure he'll love his new collars and I bet he'll get used to living the good life very quickly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is very handsome - you will make a wonderful big sister, Scout and you can teach him all there is about being a Greyhound at a very fun and loving forever home. Congratulations to all! Can't wait for more stories about Bubba Joe

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome boy! My birthday is in November too! We will all have to have a blog pawty! You should share the blogging with him, cause you're doing a great job too and I'm sure you'll have lots to write about, showing Joey all around. Happy for you!!
    Veil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I'm so happy you're getting a handsome Bubba to share adventures with. You two will become BFF in no time :)
    Joey is so handsome and very lucky to end up in your home. His long kennel wait was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...greyt news! I know you will teach him everything when he gets there. Very very exciting indeed! Can't wait to hear even more about him in the future.

    Hugs and scritches!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Back when I adopted Guinness, he sat in the kennel for almost a year before the adoption group got him..didn't take him long at all to learn the ropes of being in a home and learning about the retired life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'm sure it has been very lonely being an only dog, but soon you'll have someone new to pal around with...I can't wait to "meet" him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have one of Be My Bubba's daughters, Be My Sugarfoot. She is such a sweetheart

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...