Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Think I Got A Dud

I've had a new brother for about 24 hours and I think he's a dud. This morning, we went out to the backyard and he wouldn't play with me. He was too concerned about getting his muzzle off. Sheesh.... I don't like wearing the muzzle either, but we have to wear it to play, at least for now.


He didn't know how to lay down to eat a treat at first.




Joey doesn't know how to play with toys. He has been moving them from the bedroom to his bed and then he tries to play, but can't find the squeaker. Yep, he's a dud for sure.



He really likes to look out the windows.


Grandma and Grandpa came over and they brought Joey a card and inside was money for treats. Grandma said that I could pick them out. YES!!!! I know the good stuff and I already know what we are getting.

Joey is starting to relax some, but he's still walking from room to room. Daddy said he's probably just enjoying his freedom because he's been living in a kennel all of his life. I don't know, but it's very tiring watching him walk around all the time.

I guess he's kind of cute, but he's just a dud right now.

Scout
The Greyhound Whose New Brother Has Turned Out To Be A Dud

8 comments:

  1. You just gotta give him some time. He'll come around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout,
    Joey is so cute and is definitely not a dud, lol. Wait a few more days/weeks, he'll give you a run for your money :)

    Welcome home handsome, you're a lucky pup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scout,

    Joey and you is gonna be fine, I just know it! :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scout, I think he's kind of cute. You know, your job as big sister is to teach him a lot of these things. If you're patient with him, I bet he'll catch on!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give him a little time to figure things out - Camie never learned how to play with toys because she never had anyone to show her - so you need to make sure to show Joey lots how to play with toys.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scout,
    I bet Joey will be following you around soon, especially if he finds out you're the picker outer of the treats.
    Veil, Beckett and Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. After he's been there about 2.5 to 3 weeks you will see more of his personality emerge...at about 3 months he will finally figure this is *his* place too and you will see more adjustments where...some will need focusing on.

    Down the road further you will feel like 'he has always been there'. :)

    Time is key. He looks adorable from the photos...love the way his ears lay when he is curious. Something you must see a lot of right now.

    I think I mentioned this before but he looks so much like our Wally, except you can't really tell the size from the photos too well. Our Wally was around 85 pounds and you say Joey is smaller than you are...so there is that difference.

    Scritches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's new, he's scared, he's confused and he doesn't know if this is "really" his forever home - he is hoping not to have to go somewhere else - I bet he loves being there but just doesn't feel relaxed enough to let everyone know - give it time - he will come around and you, Scout, will have been the one to make him happy - not to mention mom and dad. He is a handsome boy - happy forever home, Joey - Scout you and Joey are a very distinguished looking pair of Greyhounds. Have fun, be the teacher and love him. Wanda's mom

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...