Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Got Stuck!


If Jack was here, he would be telling you a very funny story about me. I don't see where it's that funny, but Mama says I should share my adventure.

A few weeks ago, Mama showed Daddy some photos of a greyhound that got stuck under a human's bed. Mama couldn't figure out how a greyhound could get stuck under a bed. Well....I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.... let me just say that it happens.

Last night, Mama heard a thump, thump, thump in the bedroom. She came to check on me and there I was stuck under the bed. It was so embarrassing! It's really her fault. She turned my bed a different way and the bolster part wasn't up against the bed. I somehow slid around on the floor and got my butt and back legs stuck under the bed. She almost got her arm stuck trying to slide me out. She only laughed a little bit when she was getting me out, but she really laughed when she told Daddy about it. I'm really sensitive about my weight and this didn't help me.

Do you know that Joey actually weighs less than me? We are going to look like the odd couple walking around. I bet he's short and I'm a tall, big-boned girl. If Jack chose Joey for us, I bet he did it as a joke on me. He just wants people to notice how big I am. It's not my fault that I'M BIG BONED! :::sigh:::

Scout
The Greyhound Who Found A Lot Of Dust Bunnies Under The Bed

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Scout! Don't feel bad! Mom says that back when she and Dad used to foster Greyhounds, they woke up one night to the Greyhound Scream of Death and a bunch of thumping from under the bed. They both about had heart attacks! The foster slid off her bed and stretched out, then was all the way under the bed. It took Mom and Dad both to get her out!

    Blueberry is taller than a lot of boys we meet. Mom says that she's the supermodel Greyhound, all legs and curves and everyone is gaga over her!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout, I'm so sorry you got stuck under the bed and mom laughed. We have a platform bed from Pottery barn that has baskets in the spaces underneath. This means no one can go under the bed. Maybe you should push to have mom and dad get a platform bed. Then you will never get stuck again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew there was a reason why I choose to stay downstairs and not go up where the people beds are......

    Poor you, Scout. It's not fair when they laugh at things we don't think are funny.

    And I think you are beautiful - just the way you are.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel too silly other greyhounds have done that here...never me of course... (huummm..no I'd never tell...) ;)

    Renner

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...