Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dad Comes Home Tonight!

We have been pretty busy here with Dad being gone. Tuesday, Mama stayed home with us all day except for doing laundry. Tuesday night, the pizza man came by with a pizza and cheese bread sticks. Mmmmm! Yesterday, Mama looked at two new motor homes that came in. She liked one, but we would have less storage space than we have now, so it doesn't make sense to buy that one. The price is really good and it is in really nice condition. It's too bad that the storage is so bad. It has a whole wall of windows which would be fun to lay by and watch people go by.  We will keep looking.  She then got her haircut and did some shopping.

Dad didn't call us last night. Mama said it must be too busy for us. :-( We know he was scheduled to go to a rodeo last night.

It has been so windy here. Yesterday, Mama said she was our anchor and we were hers and together we managed to stay on our feet during our walk.  Scout and I thought it was like riding in the car with our heads hanging out.   A man yelled out to us "I'M FROM KANSAS. I COULD HAVE STAYED HOME FOR THIS."  BOL

Yesterday, we had comments on Scout's beauty.  It doesn't bother me when people say Scout is beautiful. I hear it on a daily basis on our walks. Everyone thinks Scout is beautiful. They love her "stripes".  I guess they don't notice my brindle face.  Mama says I am cute and that is enough for me.


Scout has taken some beautiful photos.

I am just a fun guy.
Sometimes we take fun photos together.
Today, on our walk, Scout started limping.  Mama checked her foot and found a leaf.  She then found a piece of mulch.  Scout must have a lot of storage space between her pads.  BOL

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Glad That Dad Will Be Home Tonight


7 comments:

  1. Oh we definitely think you are beautiful too Joey!
    It has been really windy here the past two days as well, it nearly blew us off our paws :)
    Good luck with finding your perfect new home. That sounds like a good point to start from, lots of storage and nice big windows.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey...Now that you know Scout has all these extra storage compartments & hide-y holes, get that motor home with all the windows. You are a fun guy, Joey. You always remind me of my Casper. You white with brindle patches boys are super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey,
    We know how exciting it must be to look for a new motor home. We try to convince Mom to find us a house with no stairs but she won't do it - yet. We're going to keep trying though.
    Glad your Dad is coming home tonight. Hope you all have lots o' fun this weekend!
    Love,
    Truly, Maggie and Walker

    P.S. - Maggie thinks you are ONE HANDSOME BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom is hopelessly weak for the spotty dogs! Plus, we're related, so of course you're handsome!
    I hope you find the perfect RV soon!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said bunny! We're really good looking guys, right cuz?! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Daddy coming back. I don't like it when I'm on the road away from my pups. Everyone says Stella is pretty, and Stanley is a cute goof ball. Guess that's how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Y'all,

    I think Scout is pretty, but you, my friend are handsome!

    Living in the southeast I can tell you that this is the time of year when the winds threaten to blow you, your house and anything in its way away. February is usually the worst month for wind here. Whoever wrote "March winds blow" wasn't living in the deep south.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...