Saturday, January 12, 2013

Update: Fire In Our Campground

We have more details about the fire that destroyed a fifth wheel in our campground.  The fire actually happened around 2 a.m. this morning.  It did not happen while the folks were gone as we thought.   The neighbor of the fire victim said he woke up because he felt a lot of heat and smelled "melting plastic".  He looked out his window and could not even see the fifth wheel that was on fire because the smoke was so thick.  He ran out of his trailer and knocked on the door to get the man out.  He got out but wanted to go back in to get his keys and wallet.  The neighbor told him "NO!"  The neighbor then started using a hose to try and put the fire out, but it was too bad.  The neighbor then started waking up all the people around him telling them to get out. Four fire engines came along with two ambulances.  We didn't hear a thing.  We think it is because we are so used to hearing fire engines pass by us on the outer road.  We hear several a day.  They didn't come in with the sirens on.


The man was alone and is fine. He lost everything. They found his wallet but all the credit cards are melted.  He is here because his son is undergoing cancer treatments at a hospital nearby.  The park managers put him in a rental unit so he has a place to stay. 

The fire was so hot that it melted the blinds in the fifth wheel that is next door. 

They think the fire started in a hot water heater, but no one is sure at this time.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Happy That No Pets Were In The Fire

We Are No Longer RVers

Our motorhome has new owners. They took ownership of it today.  They are probably reading through all the manuals and trying out all the...