1. When did you begin your blog?
I began blogging in September 2008.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
I started blogging to talk about my two greyhounds.
3. Is your current purpose the same?
Several readers encouraged me to continue it with my other greyhound, Scout.
Scout does not enjoy blogging, so when we adopted, Joey, he took over.
4. How often do you post?
I post 4-6 times a week, normally.
5. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?
I try to blog Monday - Friday, but sometimes I blog in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. It really depends on what is going on. I don't want to blog just to blog. I want to have something interesting or entertaining to say. I hate to have myself on a strict schedule because for me, blogging is fun. I don't want to make it a job.
6. How much time do you spend writing your blog per week? How much time visiting other blogs? Share your tips for staying on top of it all.
I probably spend three hours a week on my blog. I have several blogs that I follow. I have those listed on my own blog, so I normally visit those and make comments before I write my own blog for the day.
7. How do you measure the success of a post and of your blog in general (comments, shares, traffic)?Do you look strictly at the numbers, or do you have a way of assessing the quality of those interactions?
I check my stats from time to time, but I am not obsessed with it. I do like to see where my traffic is coming from such as what searches people used to find a post. There are times that the searches that connect my blog to people are quite funny. I use the Blogger stats and Feedit.
8. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one issue you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
I can't think of anything.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2013?
I want to keep my blog entertaining. My husband and I are living in our motor home with our greys and are traveling around, so that gives me material to keep my blog fresh, I hope. I would love to pick up more readers. I have found that joining blog hops are the best way for me to do that, but I only do that from time to time, so I should do that more. :-)