Friday, December 16, 2011

Dear Santa - Part 2

Dear Santa,

It's me, Scout, again.  I'm sorry to bother you, but I just thought of some things that you need to know when visiting our house. 

1) Our screen door is broke.  On Wednesday, Mama didn't have it latched and the wind opened it and banged it against the house.  It is now very hard to open and close it.  Actually, opening it isn't that hard, but when you come into the house, please be sure to pull it closed. It takes a little muscle. When you leave the house, you may need to use your foot to get it to close. Mama has found that is the best way.   Daddy may fix it this weekend and if he does, then you don't have to worry about it.  However, if he doesn't fix it this weekend, it won't be fixed before Christmas because he's going to be out of town next week.

2) Joey sleeps in the living room.  I don't want you to be scared when you come in and see him laying there.  He won't hurt you.  It takes him a little while to wake up.  If he does wake up, the worst he will do is play with your fur and maybe try and squeak you.  He did that to Mama the other day.  If you see him looking like this with his tongue hanging out, he's okay.  That's his normal look. He's been known to walk around with his tongue sticking out.  It's very embarrassing. 
 

We have plenty of parking on our front lawn for the sleigh or if you prefer, you can park in the driveway.

Okay, I think that's all I need to tell you.  I hope you find us Santa.  It's Joey's first Christmas and he is very excited!  

Have a safe flight Santa!

Hugs,
Scout
The Greyhound Who Loves Santa

7 comments:

  1. I hope all your Greyhound dreams come true this Christmas, Scout. I can't imagine two sweeter houndies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that picture, what a sweet boy!
    Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scout, Maddy's tongue is always hanging out of her mouth too! Sometimes it's hanging out so long it gets dried all up. I think Mama told me that Santa parks on the roof but I think it would be safer your way!
    Miss Veil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Santa is going to love visiting your house and you will get some great presents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think you've got all bases covered now Scout! Deccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you have anything to worry about, Scout! I'm sure Santa knows how good you've been and exactly how to get into your house!

    Bunny

    P.S. Joey must get that tongue thing from his mom's side of the family!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...