Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It Snowed.... A Little

We woke Mama up at 3 a.m. to tell her it was snowing.  We then told her we needed to go outside. We thought it was fun, she did not.  We had about an inch, but it's already melting.


She just took us out for our after breakfast walk.  She told Scout she could walk in the fenced yard without a leash, but to be careful.  I still have to stay on a leash which is really sad when there is snow on the ground.  Scout made her first turn around the shed and we couldn't see her, but we heard her scream.  Mama yelled her name and started running which meant I got to run a little since I'm attached to a leash. Scout appeared and was limping.  Mama checked her over and she looked fine.  She got us back in the house quickly and by that time Scout was no longer limping.  Mama checked her over again and then offered her a Frosty Treat and determined she was okay.  I bet Scout has to stay on a leash until the snow is gone.

My leg is sore after I ran in the house on Friday.  Mama is upset with me, but sometimes a guy needs to let loose and I did.  We think the screws from the plate pressed against my skin because I have two little marks on my foot and they are next to each other.  Mama is anxious to get the plate out of my foot, but we have to wait at least another two months.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Would Love To Run In The Snow

13 comments:

  1. Im very jealous of your snow, its suppose to be in the 70's later this week in texas sigh.

    Ouch im glad to hear everyone is okay!! Yall hang in there and dont cause your mommy anymore stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not fond of snow, but it needs to be there for Christmas..I'm looking at RAIN right now here in Michigan..grr

    I'm glad Scout is ok, but take it easy with your foot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have snow too and it makes Beckett go a little bananas. I haven't been letting him run off leash for a while because he has a bit of a limp but he does his best to spin in circles and hip check me anyway. Glad Scout is OK and take it easy on your leg Joey, until you get the OK from your doctor. Then you can go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is furrrry hard not to run and spin. You both take it easy OK? My Mom is having the same problem with me. I (Ernie)have to be in the crate, on a leash or if out of the crate no stairs or jumping. That really sucks.. Hope all is well and you get off a leash soon..
    Wags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky Dawgs! We want some of that!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're sure your 2 months will soon be over Joey then you can run all the time. On the plus side, you have got a great home so a bit of inconvenience isn't too bad.
    Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow is great fun. Till it melts and turns into a muddy mess. Though all my kids came from Florida tracks, they love romping in the snow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Mama. You and Scout should take it a little easy on her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and Scout are going to be accused of giving your mama grey hairs next! Be careful in the snow. Blueberry broke her toe running in the snow last year.

    We still don't have any snow here yet, and that's okay with me!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are glad that Scout didn't get really hurt when she was running in the snow. We know how much she loves to do that. I guess we are lucky that we don't get any of the white stuff here. It looks like you had a very happy Christmas.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. brrr a little snow is too much for us

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...