Friday, December 2, 2011

Setting The Record Straight

I think I need to set the record straight about Scout implying that I am hyper.  I am not.  I am only really crazy active from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.  I sleep most of the day while Mama works or if I am not sleeping, I am being quiet.  When Judge Judy comes on, I know that it's time to play!  Here's proof that I'm not hyper.  These photos are from yesterday.



As far as the bunnies go, yes, they are teasing me!   They let me get close to them and then they take off.  They know I'm on a leash and can't get them.  I can't wait until I'm able to run again. I'll show them.

Last night, we had a big surprise.  There was a opossum in our yard.  He was way more exciting than the silly rabbits.  Daddy told us about the night that Mama took her Cocker Spaniel, Sami, outside and Sami went nuts barking.  Mama was in her pajamas.  Mama thought Sami had a cat cornered behind a bush and Mama reached in to get the cat.  She grabbed the tail and then knew it was not a cat.  It turned out to be a opossum. Mama screamed.  LOL

Joey
The Greyhound Who Likes Seeing Critters In His Yard

10 comments:

  1. What a huge surprise that would be to grab a opossum. :-) It sounds like Joey is doing a great job, and when he's all better I bet the bunnies won't be so interested in coming in the yard. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're pretty lucky around here. Freedom, Casper & Nikki are usually hyper 4 pm-7 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey and Scout - we need puppy prayers for an injured Eagle. She is one from the nest in Norfolk Botanical Gardens - NX is back at WCV - she was found in the middle of a street in Virginia with wing droop and blood in her mouth - she is back at WCV and is standing and making Eagle grunting noises which is good but I know your mama would want to know - Puppy prayers for this juvie Eagle - she is in the best of hands just as you two are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey, you look so comfy in your bed.
    We are sure you are a very good boy.
    Mum says your Mom is lucky - we are hyper from 7am to midnight, haha!
    Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, possum tail! That must have been a real surprise, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you're not hyper! I like to lay under blankets just like you do! Catching an opossum sounds like more fun than allowed by law!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have possums all the time here. In fact, it's the only wild animal we ever see around here except for birds. It's good that you know when it's okay to play, and when it's a good time to take a nap.

    Cody and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really are very lucky mate. I pretty much only get cats and the occasional squirrel around here! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4-8 is a good time to be hyper

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...