Monday, December 12, 2011

Liebster Award

My cousin, Declan, from across the pond has given us an award.  We are honored!


We need a little more time to decide who to pass it on to, so bare with us. If you haven't had a chance to check out Declan's blog, you should.  He is a bright and funny guy. He's a lot like me. 

Yesterday, we drove to the state park that we camped at over Halloween weekend.  It was completely empty.  It was still fun walking around though. 


We then drove to another state park, but didn't get out of the car.  Mama thought it would be too much for me since I'm still recovering.  We then drove past their old house.  Last year at this time, they were busy packing to move. A couple that they really liked happened to be outside and stopped them to talk.  They did a double take when they saw me because they expected to see Jack.  Mama told them that Jack had died and they were sad.  (Yesterday was the six month anniversary of Jack's death.)  Mama enjoyed talking to them and finding out the lastest gossip.  I thought it was pretty boring.  I like the car to be moving.

We are so tired after yesterday's adventure.  We were gone for about five hours.  We are going to catch up on our sleep today.

Joey
The Greyhound Who Is Very Tired Today

9 comments:

  1. I'll whisper then mate, so I don't wake you... *sounds like you had a lovely time... ssshhh* Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Declan's page, I really enjoyed it, just like I enjoy reading yours! I am a follower over there now. Glad you are having a good time and will wish you Happy Holiday. Been reading but not saying much these days. Stay well and be happy! :) Hugs and scritches...Mandy, Renner and Sistertex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award. You deserve it, Joey and Scout. You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award. Driving is really only fun if you're the one driving :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award! Wow, six months since Jack passed. :-( I'm sure he's still with you and very happy with how well you are all doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award.
    We are sure your mom and dad must miss Jack a lot, he sounds like a wonderful dog.
    Hugs, Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soon you'll be running lots longer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the well-deserved award!

    I love visiting state parks, but I have no idea why humans spend so much time talking to each other when a thorough butt sniff would suffice!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award! This definitely counts as a beloved blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...