Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hey, Towel Lady!

It's raining today and we've been running in and out.  Mama asked if we thought she was our personal towel lady.  Yes, yes, we do.  LOL  She wouldn't want us to be all wet now, would she?

Mama has been very busy checking things off items on her to do list, but there is still more to do.  Tuesday, she made us six more collars.  Our new collars are for Halloween, flag holidays, every day wear and I have a cool Rams' collar.  I had been wearing big brother, Jack's Ram's collar, but it was looking worn and Mama made me a new one with that chain hardware that we like.  Our collars are packed and ready to go into the RV.  We are bringing ten each.  Do you think that is enough?  The sewing machine along with the necessary accessories are ready to be put in the RV.

Yesterday, Mama took the car in to have a new breaking system installed that keeps it from running into the RV.  This is a place that Mama and Daddy shop all the time, but never had service work done.  Mama said they were completely unprofessional.  She was sitting there waiting and they were openly complaining about other employees while she read her Kindle. They were yelling back and forth.  She was getting very nervous because all their complaints were about what sales told customers their bills would be.  Mama called Daddy and double checked what the bill should be.  She wanted to be prepared in case their bill came out wrong.  Sure enough, they wanted to charge her $100 more.  She was able to get them to reduce the bill.  It wasn't as much as she wanted, but it ended up being $10 more than the worse that Daddy expected.  Daddy thought it might be less because we are just replacing our old system.   If they ever have work done again and there is a sign saying how much labor will be on a special, Mama is taking a picture so she has proof.  Apparently, the service department says these signs go up and down without their knowledge.  After that fun appointment,  Mama met with our regular vet and made sure she had everything she needed records wise.  We both have three year rabies vaccines, but Joey will need to get a distemper around July/August.  We will have to do that on the road.  The vet said he was almost tempted to do it before we left, but Mama said she didn't want to do that because of my surgery.  The vet agreed.  He told her what we need if we go to Canada. He said we need a health certificate dated not ten days before we cross the border and if we stay more than ten days, we need another one coming back.  Mama's a little nervous about having to find a vet there, but maybe we won't even end up in Canada. Does anyone have any experience with that?  She bought enough heartworm medicine to get us through the year.  She then got her haircut and did the last of the big shopping. 

Today, Mama is going to have lunch with an old friend.  She thought that was the only thing on her list, but Daddy wants her to go to the RV shop and pay for the repairs on the RV so that we can pick it up after hours tonight. She probably will stop and get the license for it on her way home.

Mama is getting nervous about my surgery now.  I keep telling her that I will be fine.  She can't say too much to Daddy because he gets aggravated with her when she goes on and on and on.  She keeps saying that she needs to get earplugs so she can't hear my whining in the RV, but I think Daddy and I are the ones that need the earplugs so we don't have to hear her.  LOL

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Still Getting Ready For A HUGE Adventure

11 comments:

  1. I go to Canada with my dogs regularly for flyball tournaments, and also know a ton of people who go with their dogs. None of us have EVER been asked for a vet certificate to go into or out of the country, or even for the proof of rabies. From what I can tell, vets will all tell you that you need that certificate, but there is no statement to that effect in the border crossing information posted on either government's page. You will want to keep rabies certificates up to date and easily available, though, just in case they do ask for those (which are required).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, I'm having a great time following along on the preparation for your big adventure!

    Re: crossing the border with Canada. I've had the same experience, Lima Bean and I have crossed over maybe four times that I can think of and they never asked me for any paperwork (we usually crossed near Buffalo and Niagara Falls). I'd been told to just make sure I had the rabies shots docs. I hope you do take the time to go visit Canada because it's GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited to follow you all on your adventures! Sounds like you and Scout will be very stylish too. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to laugh when we read you are taking 10 collars - we have one harness each and they expect it to last the rest of our lives, we are definitely being short changed here!
    It's disgusting when people behave like that when you are right in front of them, so disrespectful.
    Hope you manage to get everything sorted out with the vets ok.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. With those towels, you guys look like prize fighters about to go in the ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine living on the road, but I wish you all the very best! Sounds like you have been very busy getting everything ready! Hope it turns out to be a grand adventure and meets and surpasses your expectations! I don't think I could do it, but I'm excited to read all about you guys doing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you do come to Canada! If you happen to come to the east coast - we would love to meet you all in the fur! Living on the road will be exciting, although I guess you won't be able to run in and out on the deck like you do now, Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your travels go well and take you to lots of exciting places! Think of the scrapbook you could have at the end of the year with all the pictures of places you've been. Mom said she's been to Canada, and they never asked her for any of the things she thought she'd need. It's good to be prepared, but don't sweat it too much.

    Your collars sound so cool! I bet you'll turn heads extra fast when you walk by now!

    Mom says I used to pull like crazy on walks when I first got here. The Freedom Harness was a life saver for us. I learned manners and after a while, I didn't need it much anymore, although I still wear it in large crowds of canines sometimes.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you certainly are all very busy! 10 collars each?! I only have 3 - I'm going to complain! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been reading blogs much over the last six months as I have been crazy busy..but glad to see you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for big adventures!!!! 10 collars should be enough, but Cali thinks you can never have enough.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...