Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm Stitch-Less!

The stitches are out!  I no longer have to wear a trash bag on my foot or Mama's sock.  I am allowed to take 5-10 minute walks and walk up our porch steps.  I am not allowed to get in and out of the Jeep on my own for three more weeks.  I'm not supposed to run or play.  I'm walking really well though.  Mama is very happy with how well I am doing.  Dr. Mike gave me more pain medications just in case I need them.  I finished up my antibiotics tonight.  I should be ready to go whenever Daddy gets home from St. Thomas. Can you believe he is being sent there?  Most people would be excited about it, but we really want to travel together.

Mama is doing better tonight.  She was really upset when she found out that Daddy was going to St. Thomas.  We went to bed happy last night.  Daddy thought he might just go to Kansas City for a week to work and we would go with him as kind of a warm-up to our future travels.  We found out early this morning that the St. Thomas deal might happen, but didn't know until this afternoon that it was definite.  Mama is a planner so all of this changing of plans is bothering her. We don't know how long he will be gone, but think it will be a full month.  He will get to come home for a weekend and we hope that we can start our adventure then, but who really knows.

Do you like our new background?  Mama thought it was really cute.  We live near Route 66.

Mama said to tell you that we will be fine.  We have family nearby, so no worries.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Now Sock-Less Joe

10 comments:

  1. I do love your new background! Very snazzy! I have been out of the blog world for 6 months while regrouping in my new home so I apologize for being a little behind. I didn't know you were on a road trip! I love that! How exciting to follow your blog and learn all about new places with you.
    So glad your stitches are out! I hope you don't miss the trash bag too much! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and Mama are both doing well. Take it easy and finish healing up. I like your blog's new look. Good looking and very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you got your stitches out! Hopefully you keep improving and get to run and play soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blog layout! Sorry that big adventure is delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new background and header, very appropriate!
    Joey, you are doing so well with your leg, you will be running around with Scout in no time.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new background! Goes so well with what you will be doing soon.

    Ugh, what a trying time, will be so glad when your Dad gets back and you can get the show on the road...so to speak. Hang in there Mom, I'm a planer too. So much stress when things get out of whack! Great about getting your stitches out. Now just give it a little more time and you will be ready to rock and roll.

    Love the photo of your camper, looks like ours. We have an Allegro tho'. Going to be using that on a long trip again soon as my Mom was just diagnosed with Lung Cancer, my Dad just finished chemo for colon cancer and they are both in their 80s. So they won't be coming to stay with us this summer. We will be taking Mandy to visit with them. They *really* loved our Renner *so* much and are pretty sad that didn't get to say goodbye to him, but they have never met Mandy. We are pretty sure they are going to love her just as much.

    But enough about us, this is about you!!! Take good care of that leg and be nice to your Momma, she has a lot going on there!

    Hugs and scritches,
    Sistertex

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are stitch-less and sock-less. I am a planner too, so I understand how momma feels. Take care of momma while dad is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stitchless and sockless sound good to me! I hope that you get to go on an adventure soon. At least this way you'll get to do all your recuperating at home and not have to worry about the RV steps until you've got the green light.

    Bunny

    P.S. Mom said she'd go to St. Thomas for your daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your RV is awesome, but the background is plain black for me. Hope it's not like the Emporer's new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joey, I'm so glad that you are healing nicely and feeling better! I can't believe the roller coaster ride your Daddy's work is putting your family through though! Hope your grand adventure starts soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...