Monday, March 12, 2012

Tomorrow Is My Surgery

Tomorrow is my surgery.  Mama doesn't want to think about it.  I can tell she is nervous.  My foot has been hurting me this weekend, so we all feel the surgery is the right thing to do.  It's still a little scary though. 

Saturday, the weather was beautiful.  We went to Route 66 State Park and walked there.  It's very easy walking there because it's flat.  We saw lots of people walking, rollerblading and bike riding.  It was fun!  On the way home, we picked up the satellite system for the RV.  We used to have a different satellite dish, but it wasn't automatic like this one.  Sometimes it took Daddy a really long time to get it to work and sometimes it didn't work, but this one should do it on it's own.  We will see.  They have a package where you don't have to sign a contract so it's month to month thing, so if we get somewhere where we have cable, we will just not use it.

We still don't know our destination, but Mama is concerned that Daddy will will be sent somewhere where the RV can't go, like Hawaii or St. Thomas.  We really thought we were being sent to Houston, so she was very excited.  Houston is no longer an option.  We hope they tell us today or tomorrow so that we can prepare one way or another.  Mama may be worried for no reason.  She's pretty down today between my surgery and the possibility of us not going with Daddy in two weeks.  She also has another cold, so that is not helping things. 

I've been playing with my football a lot the past few days.  I even hiked it like a real football player the other day.  Mama really laughed about that.

 I took my football outside to play with it.

Wait, what is that?
It's that darn rabbit! That rabbit better watch it because I'm going to be all better soon and I'm going to give him a real chase.

Scout and Mama will update you all tomorrow afternoon after my surgery.  I should be home Wednesday night in time for Survivor.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Preparing For A Busy Day Tomorrow

15 comments:

  1. Joey...I'm going to be thinking of you and your Momma tons tomorrow. Paws crossed and healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey, sending good thoughts your way for you and your Mom that surgery goes well and healing is quick.
    Wags
    ernie,sasha,chica,lucas,rosie
    PS it looks like I (ernie) am going to need surgery too on my knee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, Joey. I bet it will go fine and then you'll be feeling a lot better fast. Also, I hope your mom is feeling better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey, I was thinking about you this a.m., not sure if today was surgery day. We will all have our paws crossed for the easiest time yet getting that foot of yours fixed. Mama is nervous, mama's do that but I am confident it will all be good. Hope you find out where you are heading in the RV very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    Paws crossed for you here, Joey. I'll be checking on you!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are sending all our best wishes and healing thoughts to you for your surgery tomorrow Joey.
    Hope everything goes well and your foot is much better afterwards!
    Your mum and Scout will take good care of you.
    Love, Dip Bridge Elliot and Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mum will feel much better after the surgery goes flawlessly, and they tell you where to start driving the RV. Not knowing is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know your mama has a lot to worry about! I think that's just what humans do. If it makes her feel better, tell her we'll have our fingers and paws crossed very tightly here for lots of good news to come to your house! I just know your surgery will go well tomorrow and you'll feel so much better after it's over!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck tomorrow Joey! I'm sure you'll do just fine. Hopefully your foot won't keep hurting you any more once they remove that plate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow Joey. We will have all our paws crossed for your speedy recovery so you can get that rabbit before you go on your big adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck, Joey! Hope it all goes extremely smooooooth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck Joey! Momma will feel so much better when you are done with that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fingers and paws crossed for all to go well tomorrow and for quick healing. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck tomorrow, Joey! That rabbit in your yard better watch out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fingers crossed for you there. Boy I know how it is for your Momma, I hate it when everything is unsettled. :( I hope your Momma is feeling better soon. I am looking forward to hearing how *well* the surgery went for you. Love and hugs to you!!
    Sistertex and Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...