Friday, July 13, 2012

I Broke Up With Daisy & A Clue To Our Next Destination

Well, my romance with Daisy is over. She is leaving today, but that is not why we broke up. We were out last night and she was just too pushy. She tried to climb on my back!  What is up with that?  I didn't like that.  Scout was scared of her.  She kept walking underneath Scout.  I think my next girlfriend will be another greyhound. I need to stick with my own kind.

It rain until about noon yesterday. Depending on who you listen to, we had about 9 -10" of rain in the past two days.  We are having more rain today.  The lakes all flooded in our park. There are some ducklings that lived in the large lake that is in the other part of the park.  They are now living in our lake.  We think they when their lake overflowed, they just swam down to our lake.   They are the Black Bellied Whistling Ducks. Two interesting things about these ducks: 1) They actually perch in trees.  We saw several one day in a tree, but we didn't have our camera with us.  2) It appears that more than just the parents protect the ducklings.  Yesterday, all the adult ducks gathered around the ducklings when we approached them.  We have been trying to get pictures of them for a few weeks, but can't get close to them.

The is how the ducklings made it to our lake. Their lake overflowed.

The ducklings are in the middle. We think there are 12-14 of them.

Several adults are gathered around the ducklings

Everyone is trying to get to higher ground.


This is the front lake.  The sign is a few feet from the water, normally.

More views from the front lake.
I have noticed that my name is popular.
My name is a on a trailer here.

I have a pizza place named after me.
The pizza inside the box.  It was the first pizza we have had since we left Missouri.  It was okay.

Last night our Emeals meal was Swedish Meatballs, Garlic Bread and Steamed Broccoli.  It was good according to Mama.  We didn't get a single taste of it.
Swedish Meatballs and Noodles
Scout chilling during the rain yesterday.
Are you ready for your first clue as to where we are going AFTER Washington DC? It may be a little vague, but we will see.  Our next destination will be reached the same day that we leave DC. It is about a 7 hour drive, but will take us probably 9 hours due to stops.   

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Single Again

12 comments:

  1. Okay.... we are guessing Hertford CT or Columbus OH.. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deccy, you are "warm" on one of the guesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm I'm gonna need another clue. Are you guys allowed to swim in the lakes?
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool turtle pictures. You're getting closer to Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting closer to Indiana, but that is not our destination.

    Goose, we do not swim in the lakes, but Gus does. The park manager puts something in the lake to kill the stuff that grows on top of the water and Mama doesn't want us getting in it. Dad said it turns the water blue, so it might turn me blue since I'm white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Y'all,

    My Humans know where you are staying in DC. They used to live in deep Southern Maryland for awhile, before my time.

    Y'all aren't far from the BW Parkway and that is about an hour from Baltimore and Harbor Place.

    I'm sure some other bloggers who live there now can tell you special places to visit your humans may not have thought about. It's been many years since my Humans were there.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are guessing Buffalo, NY or Boston, MASS. Do you think you will ever cross the border on your travels?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Veil and Maddy say they are sorry to hear your romance is over, but glad to hear you are back on the market, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is a lot of rain! You will be able to pretend you are in England soon, LOL.
    Those ducks are very sweet, do they really whistle?
    Love the picture of Scout with her toys, so adorable.
    Now, Mum is about as good with geography as computers but we are going to guess Ohio.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohio is correct. Anyone want to guess the city? Deccy said Columbus and that is incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cincinnati?

    I'm sorry your romance is over, but long distance relationships can be difficult. I wish you could bring some of your rain here to us! I'm ready to do a rain dance in the yard, but it's too darned hot.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. You gotta watch out for those pushy girls :)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...