Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Had Ants In My Boot!

Yep, I had ants in my boot yesterday.  I can't remember the movie, but there is a cowboy having his feet shot at so he jumps around.That is what I looked like. Mama took my boot off and wiped the ants from my feet. That was strange.

I went to the vet yesterday for my annual vaccines. We went to Banfield Pet Hospital.  They are located inside Petsmarts.  Our vet had told Mama they were expensive. They charged about $20 more than what he charges.  However, their hours are convenient and now my records are available at any Banfield that we happen to visit.  They were very friendly. The vet asked why I was wearing a boot and Mama told her about my corn.  She had never heard of dogs having corns.  We were not surprised. It is our understanding that it is a greyhound thing. Mama showed her the information on how to remove them.  She was very interested it learning about it, so we left the information with her.  Hopefully she will learn more about it and will be able to help the next greyhound that comes in.  She gave me an exam and would you believe that she even took my temperature?  I told her that I could hold the thermometer it in my mouth, but she said she had a better way.  Ack!   Mama did not take a photo of that, thank goodness.  She gave me my shot and then I was happy.  I knew that was it.  She gave us treats.  Scout refused to eat hers, so I ate it. 

Eating my treat.

Waiting for the vet.

Scout waiting for the vet to see me.
Mama likes the convenience of Banfield while we are traveling. If we were really sick, she would try and find us a greyhound savvy vet, but for our annual vaccines this seems to be a good place for us to go.

I was exhausted after my vet visit.  The folks went out for lunch.  They ate at Willy's Ice House again. There are two places that Mama wanted to eat at again and this was one of them.  This time she had a BBQ/Cheddar Burger.
Breaded mushrooms - nicely seasoned

Dad's crawfish sandwich

Mama's BBQ/Cheddar Hamburger - it was better than it looks.
Last night, Mama fixed their Emeals meal.  It was simple.  It was just brats with chili without beans on top with cheese and onions.  Mama liked it. She has leftovers for lunch today.

The party house was quiet yesterday.  Well, there was music, but not a wild party like we expected.  The campers with their tent were gone all day. There tent blew around some in the wind. 

The folks sat outside waiting for fireworks, but came in because the mosquitoes were bad. We watched the fireworks from inside the RV.  They were very loud because the public display was just a few hours away, but Scout and I did fine.

Dad either has a cold or it's allergies.  Mama is not feeling too good this morning either. She says it could be allergies.

9 comments:

  1. I would think ants in your boot would be completely terrible. I stood on an ant hill once and it was awful. My MOM would LOVE a crawfish sandwich. But as of yet she can not find any place around here that even knows what that is.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good idea, taking you to Banfield. We have one in our PetSmart too (in case you ever come to northern Indiana). Now I want a hamburger. I think I'm going to hold your Momma responsible for my next 10 lbs because she's always making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your 4th July went OK. Sounds like it wasn't too noisy. Have a great day.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, hope you don't get any more of those little ants in your boot Joey. You were very good dogs at the vet and it sounds like you even taught her something!
    Mmmm, that lunch looks very good. Glad the party wasn't too noisy for you all.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those food pictures have made me and the LOTH both want our tea (actually I have had mine already.... but hey ho)

    I hear a rumour that I am overdue for my annual vaccination. The LOTH has been putting it off because of my steroids but the vet says I should be OK.

    I think you were both very brave at the vets. I'm not.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ants in your boot?! Oh no! Mom says she bets the movie you were thinking of is "For A Few Dollars More." She watched a lot of Westerns with Grandpaw when she was a girl.

    I'm glad to hear you had such a good experience at Banfield. We've never talked to anybody who's visited one for vet care. Did you go shopping and get new toys or treats afterwards?

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better than ants in your pants! A friend of mine with a greyhound has used Banfield before. Not sure what all they had done there though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got those ants out of your boot Joey! I bet uncle Deccy would have appreciated a bite of Daddy's crawfish sandwich!

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  9. how did you manage to get ants in your boot????

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...