Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jack is headed to the vet today

Jack and I are headed to the vet this morning. His cough actually seems a little better today, but I am still concerned. My feeling is that he might have kennel cough. I did some research on it yesterday and even with the shot, he can still get it. The article said that he can go away on its' own, but I'm not taking any chances.

Scout will be alone for the first time ever today. I'm a little concerned about that, but I will keep her isolated to one section of the house. She is a much calmer dog than Jack. I hope she doesn't have separation anxiety. Jack did...big time. He ate our door knobs. We found that he did not like being kept in a small room and once we let him stay in our bedroom, he was fine. I should only be gone about an hour, but I will be worried the entire time. It's a good test to see how Scout does though. There may be other times when she and Jack are not left together. Wish us all luck today!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that Jack has to go to the vet. Camie had horrible seperation anxiety. The first time we left her alone, we shut the door and she took the door frame off trying to get out. She also dug a hole in the carpet that was about 4 sq. ft. If we put up a baby gate so the cats could come and go, she was fine, but being by herself with the door closed was too much for her. Thanks for the "purrs" for Tiki.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout seems to have survived being by herself without any problem... thank goodness. I worried about her, but it was a good test to see how she handled it.

    Camie sounds like Jack. I have since heard that many greys are scared of closed doors. Poor Jack chewed up our door knobs and damaged our trim. We were so concerned that he would hurt himself. He's fine now since we allow him in our bedroom. He loves watching TV.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...