Monday, October 20, 2008

Why a greyhound?


Greyhounds are docile, calm, gentle, loving, funny. They are big couch potatoes. They have a burst of energy and then they want to chill in bed or on the couch.

I love to watch them run. They are built for speed from their ears to their tails. It's a thing of beauty to see them run laps in the back yard. I would love to see them run in a bigger area. They can get going pretty fast in our yard, but it's not all that large so they really can't let loose.

My dogs do not bark and shed very little. Some greys bark and some shed more than others. It depends on the dog. They are low maintenance dogs. Some greys only get a bath once or twice a year. They do not have that doggy smell that other dogs do.

I have only had greyhounds for 2.5 years and I am completely in love with them and the breed.

2 comments:

  1. Greyhounds are great dogs, and so many of the exracers need homes. I'm glad you have a couple to live their lives with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could ever have another kind of dog after having a greyhound. I grew up with a sheltie and schnauzers and my roommates have a australian cattle dog. I can't stand the constant barking. Camie doesn't bark, and only whines when she wants to go out, or she feels the need to play (which she will only do outside).

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...