Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jack may be sick


Jack woke me up at 1:00 a.m. coughing. I got up with him and tried to get him to drink water. He wouldn't. I gave him a homemade frozen treat and he ate that. Scout heard us up and decided to join in on the buffet that insued. After the frozen treat, Jack was still coughing, so I gave him a slice of cheese. Then, some lunchmeat. I really thought that he had a piece of kibble stuck in his throat and I tried to clear it away. I finally went back to bed at 3:00 a.m. because his coughing had calmed down.

He is still coughing this morning. It's not constant, but just a little cough. I'm thinking that it must be more than a piece of kibble in his throat and that really scares me. He's up to date on all his shots and has had the shot for kennel cough.

He is eating fine and even drank some water. He acts like he feels fine. I hope that I am just a worried Mama and it's really not anything.

If things do not improve today, I will make him an appointment to see the vet. I hate to think I am over-reacting, but then again, I don't want to wait too long.
(The picture that I included is not from today. It's just him being silly laying on my bed.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading about your greys. I have one also. I am sorry to hear that Jack may be sick. Hopefully, if he is, it is just a cold. My pets have their own blog where Camie (my grey) comments infrequently. It is mostly about the cats. Camie is 11 and would much rather spend the time sleeping than talking about herself - lol.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! Jack is headed to the vet tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...