Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Bed In The Kitchen? Well, Of Course!

I like laying in the kitchen by the patio door.  I have done that since I moved here and finally, Mama decided to move a bed there for me so that I don't have to lie on the hard floor.  Thanks, Mama!  She said she will put more foam in it so that it's more comfortable.  It's an old bed and needs a little more fluff.
Robin commented yesterday that I didn't have my bad foot down in my photo with Santa.  Mama said she hadn't even noticed.  I had been standing for quite a while before my photo session, so I think I was just tired. I am doing much better than last week.  Mama has now upgraded me from a C to a B grade.  Last Friday, Mama noticed that I was licking my bad leg and when Daddy came home from work and he walked me, he said I appeared to be in pain.  Mama decided to give me some additional pain medication (the doctor said it was okay) and I started walking on my foot without being told to do so.  I even started walking on all four feet in the house some.  I guess I'm walking on all four feet in the house about 50 to 60% of the time now and that makes Mama very happy.  I actually ran in the house the other day, but Mama said I shouldn't be running.  It did kind of hurt, so I quit doing that.  I'm walking pretty normal outside now.  I walk at a normal pace without a limp, so that's really good.  I just need to work on walking on all four feet in the house all the time and I will be set.  We have a hill in our backyard, so I've been walking up that to strengthen the leg.  We are going to try and decrease my medication a little bit today to see how I do.  It may be too soon, but we will see.  My leg is still pink but that's because I still don't have a lot of hair on my leg.  My sores are almost healed.  I guess it still might look a little nasty to someone who hasn't seen it before, but it's looking much better than it looked two weeks ago.  I am definitely doing much better than a week ago, so we are very happy here!

Joey
The Greyhound Who Is Doing Much Better

4 comments:

  1. That's excellent news Joey. I guess these things take time huh? Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing better, Joey. So nice that you now have a bed in the kitchen. That momma sure does love you...as she should, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you foot is feeling better. Believe me, we know how hard it is to have patience with healing around here. It's great to see the progress though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome news

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...