Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Practicing For Our Christmas Photos

Mama is not sure she will be able to get a good photo of us together for our Christmas photo. She took a few practice shots yesterday and these were the results.



Mama has been debating buying a new Christmas tree.  She donated our old one last year when we moved.  She found one she likes at the store and has been thinking about buying it.  However, she is worried that Joey will mark it.  He's been really good, but we haven't had a tree in our house.  Someone threw an artificial wreath in the field next to our house and Joey loves to "mark" it.  It's really making her wonder if she should chance a tree this year.  Mama is really the only one who cares about a tree and decorations.  I think they are just clutter and I bet Joey will think everything is a toy.

Scout
The Greyhound Who Hopes She Doesn't Have To Wear Antlers For Her Photo

10 comments:

  1. Joey has a great smile (you too, of course)!!

    Maybe you could get decorations that just go up on he walls or high shelves out of the way?

    I had to wear antlers last year - so I feel your pain. I hope SHE doesn't have anything similarly awful lined up this year for a Christmas photo.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think even a bad photo of you two would look good. You guys look very similar to my Freedom and Casper. If your momma gets a really good shot, maybe I'll use it too...just teasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are both so cute! No way will Mom give up having a Christmas tree here. I rather like it and do think it looks pretty.

    Mom took all our Christmas card pictures last weekend and they're already ordered! I can't wait to see them arrive here and how they look.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always get a smaller tree and put it on your dining/kitchen table. Can't wait to see the Christmas photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats Christmas without a tree?

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A small, live, potted tree is a great alternative. You can put it on a small end table and decorate it and the table, or put it on a larger table if you want to put gifts beneath it. I've been doing it that way for years, since I have a tiny apartment and dogs that, while they won't mark the tree, would love to chew on all the branches.

    And, you can then plant the potted tree in the yard each spring. Choose a different type of tree each year, and soon you will have a great row of shrubs and trees on the property, each of which has Christmas memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second or third the potted tree idea, maybe a tabletop size? If decorations make you happy, you should do them.
    I looooove Joey's smile. :D
    And I want you to know that I'm a terrible commenter but I read your every post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Y'all,

    My Human has never had a tree inside for fear that my tail will destroy it.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scout, you match the tiles nicely, and Joey provides contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, we agree. A tabletop tree is the way to go. Mom does a miniature tree with miniature ornaments. Of course, she has to put them somewhere where we won't get them because they sure do make fun toys for us kitties.

    Cody and Gracie

    PS - we like your smile Joey

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...